Security Manager II, Trusted Identity & Access Management
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
The security organization at Uber is dedicated to enabling safe and secure innovation while protecting the communities we serve both online and in the physical world. Our teams are responsible for protecting both people and their data across intersections of the digital and physical world. The primary objective for Uber Engineering Security team is to enable the technical ambitions of the company while maintaining the highest standards of security and privacy for our customers and partners. As cybersecurity threats evolve, so do we. About The RoleCore Security Engineering’s mission is to make the Uber environment secure by default and to provide industry leading products and services to all our users, services and infrastructure. We build both security primitives and end users products that help Uber engineers to secure their service, build trust, and advance security to enable our global business. What You'll Do
- Define clear scope of projects and deliver the program objectives with critical timelines working with large team of engineers and stakeholders.
- Recruit, mentor talent, and develop a strong technical team.
- Establish and communicate team vision and goals
- Work with partners to develop product and technology roadmap for identity and access management organization and align with multi-functional requirements.
- Drive team progress to plan and deliver against the roadmap.
- Drive the engineering standards and team’s critical metrics that align with the larger organization and Uber engineering vision.
- Nurture multi-functional, cross-team collaboration by building positive relationships across multiple Uber engineers teams across Uber and with other partners.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+years of experience managing software engineering teams with a solid understanding of security systems design and architecture.
- Experience in building highly scalable, reliable and fault tolerant systems for business critical applications
- Experience leading agile development and adopting engineering best practices with well defined goals and metrics.
- Ability to hire, empower, develop and retain top talent and build a dynamic and impactful team.
- Knowledge of highly scalable security systems in the area of run time authentication, authorization and global login services.
- Knowledge of building secure IAM and Directory services.
- A strategic mentality, comfortable thinking far ahead of where the team is at now
- Creative problem solver, having an excellent understanding of business goals and able to identify and solve high impact, highly complex problems
- Excellent execution, organization and collaboration skills
- Biased toward action, able to do more with less and turn would-be blockers into opportunities for growth