Senior Merchant Marketing and Operations Manager - Uber Eats
Marketing & Communications, Operations
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. About The TeamSince launching in Japan in 2016, Uber Eats has become deeply rooted in the local food culture, both shaping and celebrating it, and helping small and large businesses connect with customers 2022 brings a new chapter of the Delivery story. #GoGetIt embodies the attitude and mindset of Delivery at Uber. Our vision is to 'deliver anything, to anyone, at anytime' and our goal is to make Uber a daily essential in people's life. About The RoleThe Japan Uber Eats Customer Growth team launches and scales growth levers, products, advances key growth bets, and optimizes the journeys of our customers. We are passionate about delivering a world-class experience to customers and contributing to the top-and bottom-line growth of Uber Eats.This role will focus on growth opportunities and customer success, driving active users, order frequency, and customer lifetime value. You are both highly operational and entrepreneurial, with a strong eye for business, a hands-on approach, and motivated by building the future of delivery.This is a critical role as it interfaces between Uber Eats users and restaurant partners to cultivate the Uber Eats brand and build demand for the service.Success in this role will require being a confident self-starter, applying a data-driven lens to solving challenges in that space, and driving to fast execution. Our organizational model is centered on commercial teams having a deep cross-functional partnership with product management and technical teammates, and so strong collaboration skills are essential. Your Impact in Role
- Work hand-in-hand with cross-functional stakeholders to take key growth levers to the next level: Including Restaurant Co-Marketing, Large scale marketing campaigns, Customer Engagement & Retention tactics, New Verticals (Grocery, Alcohol, Convenience) and Membership.
- Be accountable for the business results and metrics against strategic initiatives and define creative ways to over-deliver vs targets.
- Take our restaurant co-marketing strategy to the next level. We’ve seen rocketship growth to date, but there are still plenty of people in all of our markets that have yet to try Uber Eats. You’ll identify the segments that represent an opportunity, define co-marketing campaigns with key restaurant partners to help unlock growth for both restaurants, and for Uber Eats - while delighting our customers.
- Continue to strengthen and drive customer engagement and customer value. You will use advanced methods to segment customers, understand the right way to engage at the right time with the right offer, discover how to change behavior and help customers find new ways to benefit from using our app, and ensure they have a great experience throughout their journey.
- Strong analytical skills. Experience working with large datasets and using statistics & modeling and analytical methods to analyze these datasets. You just get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions and drive growth, and have a deep understanding of experimentation
- Strong, project management skill & ability to drive projects to completion in a timely manner
- Strong problem solving skills (ability to think proactively to understand, break down, and define sophisticated problems, including the approach and the expected outcome)
- Experience in experiment design and A/B tests.
- Great stakeholder management skills in both English & Japanese contexts.
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (18 weeks full pay) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Starting a family is a magical journey - At the same time, it can be challenging and stressful. Employees are eligible to reimburse costs relating to infertility treatment, egg/sperm freezing, adoption and surrogacy up to a lifetime benefit limit.
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave (excluding certain roles within the Community Operations). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to the applicable terms and conditions. Uber also offers a program to our employees to cover the expense of commuting to and from the office.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
- Based on the combination of business needs and personal interest, we provide language learning support so you can improve your English or Japanese, through our carefully vetted vendor partner. This will include both 1:1 private coaching lessons, group learning sessions, as well as online learning.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?