Senior Software Engineer Python Tooling Platform
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
About The RoleAt Uber, Python is used for our Machine Learning and Data Storage infrastructure. This role involves designing, developing and scaling a robust platform and tools to solve Uber’s unique build, code, and dependency management challenges in our Python code base. This Includes (but Is Not Limited To)You will help delight our engineering teams, and enable the whole engineering organization to iterate rapidly.
- Developer Tools
- Build Systems
- Dependency and Artifact Management systems
- Next-gen development environment for engineers
- Partner with fellow engineers to innovate, architect, develop and scale Uber's distributed code hosting platform
- Provide initiative and technical leadership to build reliable, high-quality solutions that scale with Uber's engineering processes.
- Deliver and review technical design, code and documentation.
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements through design and automation: availability, performance, scaling, monitoring and capacity.
- Manage upstream and downstream dependencies, collaborate with other engineering teams, capture requirements and enable successful adoption of development tools and best practices.
- Solve sophisticated technical challenges involving multiple technology stacks
- Mentor and support your fellow teammates.
- BS, MS or PhD degree in computer science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- Deep Python Experience, or experience with multiple other programming languages and/or language design
- Good SRE skills or passion to learn (monitoring, alerting, writing runbooks), mindset should be around getting 99.99% of critical availability/reliability metrics
- Knowledge of different compilation steps (and ability to troubleshoot) in languages such as C, C++, Fortran, D, or Rust
- Experience working on Machine Learning infrastructure and tooling
- Experience using and extending Bazel
- Experience with package and dependency management systems
- Experience with developing and maintaining C libraries, including cross-compilation
- Experience working with teams spanning geographic locations and time-zones
- Linux operating system knowledge
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?