Sr Staff Software Engineer, Cadence
Posted on Monday, May 1, 2023
About The TeamCadence is a modern open source microservice orchestration service used at Uber and by many other major companies. It’s the backbone technology for more than 1000 services at Uber and powering billions of executions every month. Please apply if you are interested in contributing to a cutting edge distributed technology.The Cadence team is looking for a strong software engineer to join our team! You will be developing and maintaining an open source, cutting edge workflow orchestration engine powering many critical use cases in the industry.To get more information about cadence you can visit our website: https://cadenceworkflow.io/ About The Role
- Contribute to an open source project used by many major companies
- Write code to build new features to support more use cases
- Develop detailed design documents
- Improve onboarding, observability and operability experiences for Cadence
- PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field AND 8-years full-time Software Engineering work experience OR 10-years full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 8-years total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Programming language (e.g. Go, Java or C++)
- Note the 8-years total of specialized software engineering experience may have been gained through education and full-time work experience, additional training, coursework, research, or similar (OR some combination of these). The years of specialized experience are not necessarily in addition to the years of Education & full-time work experience indicated.
- Experience in team and technology leadership.
- Strong infrastructure experience.
- You have great interpersonal skills, deep technical ability, and a portfolio of successful execution. You are open-minded to discuss various technical approaches and able to drive consensus across various stakeholders at Uber.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to gather requirements and draft detailed design documents.
- Excellent coding skills with a high bar for quality and scalability.
- Experience in distributed systems and a good understanding of its fundamentals.
- Knowledge of metrics collection systems like Prometheus.
- Familiarity with Kafka, ElasticSearch, key-value stores (e.g. Cassandra).
- Experience with Thrift, gRPC, protobuf.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?