Product Manager, Communications Platform
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
About The RoleThe Communications Platform builds the systems, API's and mobile libraries that allow hundreds of teams within Uber to send billions of email, sms, push notifications in-app messages every year. If an email, push notification or sms an Uber user receives from us about their ride or delivery or whether it's the phone and chat communications they have with their driver and Delivery person, our platforms ensure each message gets delivered optimally. Recently, our team has expanded to also tackle the intelligence that not just delivers this communication but delivers the right communication to the right person at the right time, and we are looking for a dedicated product manager to focus efforts in this area!The product manager will be working on building and deploying timing and frequency optimization use cases on multiple channels (Push, Email, SMS) on the intelligence platform across all lines of businesses (Uber Delivery & Mobility). This is a high visibility and impact product area because of the scale of the problem we are trying to address! What The Candidate Will Do
- Work with our Marketing, Product and Operations teams to understand and define timing, cost and frequency optimization use cases across multiple channels
- Build ranking and decision making systems for marketing communications to our end users
- Understand how our end-users harmonize with different channels (Push, SMS, Email, Voice, Chat)
- Understand Uber’s core product (app and web) and the nuances of each channel to make sure our platforms optimally deliver each message on time to ensure delightful and relevant customer experiences
- Use data to prioritize high impact initiatives across multiple collaborators
- Drive a cross-functional team of Engineers, Data Scientists and Analysts to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals and ship quality products
- Develop a vision and strategy, plan deliverables, design, and launch products
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data, and results to executives, other product teams, cross-functional teams such as marketing, operations, finance
- Evangelize the platforms within global organizations including marketing, ops, product
- Monitor and measure launched products and use data for product refinement
- Basic understanding of technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, or Hive and iOS / Android ecosystem
- Experience in ranking and decision systems used to prioritize messages in the Digital Marketing space
- Working infrequency, cost and timing optimization problems, preferably in Digital Advertising / CRM space
- A good understanding of how to create an experimentation framework to solve problems.
- Passionate about the different initiatives worked on, energized by forming and driving great ideas to market, strategic problem solver and ability to see product opportunities when others are lost in noise and ambiguity
- Build strong relationships within the organization and a keen sense of how to navigate both internal and external hurdles to ship a great product
- Product Sense - Design instincts and product taste. You own what you build
- Innovative - Create big bold strategic decisions that will have a huge impact on Uber.
- Data Driven - Leverage data to align teams and drive strategic decisions. You always get the data you need, and distill it into educational stories
- Experimentation Attitude - Evaluate opportunities based on the incremental value they could add by creating an experimentation framework
- Emotional intelligence - Think about the "why" before the "what". You are passionate about always making the user experience positive and unwilling to allow product challenges to impact users negatively
- Technical skills - Ability to inform and evaluate engineering decisions across optimization platforms, back-end services and mobile SDKs
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn. You never give up and set a high bar across the board, from your own contribution to the people you work with.
- High Team Spirit - humble leader who believes that personal goals can only be accomplished if the team accomplishes its goals
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?