Marketing & Communications
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. About The RoleThe communications team in Japan is responsible for telling the story of how Uber is changing the way people, food, and things move around cities in the country. Working with the media, our own social channels and third parties, we explain the benefits of e-hailing and bring to life the ways Uber Eats is providing new opportunities for merchants and consumers. And we amplify the voices of the people who partner with Uber to earn on the platform. Your Impact in Role
- Use creative storytelling to drive awareness and positive brand association among users and potential users of Uber in Japan
- Come up with culturally relevant and fun ways to land sparkling coverage in lifestyle, food and travel publications and on the social feeds of influencers
- Work collaboratively with other functions, including marketing, policy and business development, to amplify brand campaigns and other initiatives
- Experience doing communications at a tech or consumer goods company, Be passionate about the doing comms at Uber, where we get to shape the conversation around the future of mobility and delivery
- Strong media and influencer network
- Communicate clearly in English and Japanese, written and spoken
- Experience doing comms, marketing or policy in the mobility, delivery, consumer tech or restaurant sectors including managing campaigns and events
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (18 weeks full pay) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Starting a family is a magical journey - At the same time, it can be challenging and stressful. Employees are eligible to reimburse costs relating to infertility treatment, egg/sperm freezing, adoption and surrogacy up to a lifetime benefit limit.
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave (excluding certain roles within the Community Operations). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to the applicable terms and conditions. Uber also offers a program to our employees to cover the expense of commuting to and from the office.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
- Based on the combination of business needs and personal interest, we provide language learning support so you can improve your English or Japanese, through our carefully vetted vendor partner. This will include both 1:1 private coaching lessons, group learning sessions, as well as online learning.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?