A new space race has begun. True Anomaly seeks those with the talent and ambition to build innovative technology that solves the next generation of engineering, manufacturing, and operational challenges for space security and sustainability.
The peaceful use of space is essential for continued prosperity on Earth—from communications and finance to navigation and logistics. True Anomaly builds innovative technology at the intersection of spacecraft, software, and AI to enhance the capabilities of the U.S., its allies, and commercial partners. We safeguard global security by ensuring space access and sustainability for all.
- Be the offset. We create asymmetric advantages with creativity and ingenuity
- What would it take? We challenge assumptions to deliver ambitious results
- It’s the people. Our team is our competitive advantage and we are better together
As a Contracts and Compliance Manager at True Anomaly, your mission is to establish, manage, and continuously improve True Anomaly’s contracting processes. A key part of this mission is your ability to think both tactically and strategically, understanding day-to-day contract and compliance requirements and raising awareness to high-level strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats in True Anomaly’s long-term position as a provider of commercial products and services to Defense and industry.
- Participate in proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration and customer contact activities to enable proper contract acquisition, execution, and close-out
- Collaborate with staff across Business Development and Revenue Operations, Program Management, Legal, and Finance organizations to ensure True Anomaly is postured for success
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts and contract modifications to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as public law requirements
- Summarize contract issues, research compliance matters, interpret regulations, identify risks, and develop detailed recommendations
- Negotiate sound business deals with customers and provide governance to the program team carrying out the terms and scope of the contract
- Handle several assignments concurrently while maintaining schedule deadlines
- Support establishing a centralized approach to identifying, tracking, and addressing contract management and compliance concerns, recommendations, and issues
- Work closely with business operations, legal, and program management to ensure alignment in True Anomaly’s approach to contractual and compliance obligations
- Strong presentation skills
- Oversee and manage subcontracting activities, appropriate flow-down requirements, and deliverables
- U.S. citizenship is required as contracting activities will frequently involve ITAR, CUI, and classified requirements
- Significant experience with U.S. Government contracts and / or U.S. Government acquisition and related regulations, e.g. Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplemental
- Knowledge of, and experience with, various types of contracts (e.g. Cost Reimbursement, Firm-Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity, etc.), Non-Disclosure Agreements, Statement Of Work, Teaming Agreements and other commercial agreements
- Experience managing contracting and compliance efforts for commercial item sales to the DoD
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cross-functional, geographically dispersed team environment to complete contractual commitments
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with customer interfacing and DoD/Nat Sec programs
- Ability to establish new and further refining existing templates, tools, and guidelines for contract documentation, compliance monitoring, and execution
- Experience with ensuring compliance with FAR and DFARS clauses across internal and flow-down/supply chain operations
- Active TS/SCI U.S. government security clearance with SCI eligibility preferred
- Work Location—This role is hybrid; however, preferred candidates will be located near Denver, Colorado Springs, Los Angeles, or Washington, DC for proximity to True Anomaly operations and customer locations. While we observe a hybrid work environment, some work must be done on site. In the event of classified requirements, it is expected that some days may be spent within compartmented information facilities.
- Work environment—True Anomaly believes that the best ideas occur in collaborative communication, and results don’t happen by accident. We maintain open communications both in-office and online via organized Teams channels to ensure our staff maintain situational awareness necessary to exceed in their roles.
- Physical demands—This job will consist of primarily desk work, with up to 15% travel required for customer meetings as opportunities progress through the contracting process. True Anomaly provides equipment to encourage a comfortable and productive workspace.
This position will be open until it is successfully filled. To submit your application, please follow the directions below. #LI-Hybrid
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. True Anomaly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, maternity or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.