Lead Clinical Assistant Full Time (LA- Studio City)
ROLE: Lead Clinical Assistant
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
COMPENSATION/PAY: $24.00 - $32.00/hr DOE
LOCATION- Tia Studio City- 12250 Ventura Boulevard Studio City, CA 91604
As one of Tia’s Lead Clinical Assistant, you will coordinate the Clinical Assistants as they perform their tasks and enable a smooth clinic workflow on a day by day basis. You will be responsible for directing traffic & ensuring patients are moving smoothly through the flow. You will be expected to perform the Clinical Assistant (I and II) duties when needed. As a Lead, you must ensure that all personnel treat patients and visitors with courtesy. You’re expected to anticipate staff and patient requirements and actively pursue solutions or interventions.
REPORTS TO: Clinic Manager
- Maintain a 360 view of the clinic
- Improve daily productivity by keeping track of appointments, patient flow, and waiting areas.
- Conduct a 15-minute daily huddle to communicate the daily game plan.
- Organize the daily work activities and schedules of employees and provide coverage as required.
- Implement coaching for all Clinical Assistant and assist in their training
- Prepares for the patient appointment by reviewing and updating patient records before patient arrival
- Make sure all exam rooms are prepared for the type of exam/procedure to be performed if needed
- Maintains patient confidentiality following all HIPAA policies and procedures
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner with patients and other members of the care team at all times ensuring clinic patient flow is progressive
- Follows all medication policies and procedures for labeling, storing, and use
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments per protocol
- Knows surgical and diagnostic office procedures
- Purges all expired medications and office supplies
- Spearhead all administrative duties varying from scanning and uploading patient medical health information, documentation upkeep of clinic operations such as Inventory, Mail assortment, Accuracy in DrChrono Appointments
MAY SUPPORT WITH
- Review insurance to ensure verification status
- Check patients in on arrival
- Escort the patient to the exam room
- Complete vitals
- Set communication in motion with Provider and in communication channel
- Basic housekeeping to ensure communal areas are stocked, cleanly, and maintained.
- Reviews patients chart one day in advance to prep for visit
- Run controls
- Autoclave maintenance
- Surgical equipment sterilization
- Set-up and chaperone surgical procedure
- Obtains patient consents for any procedures
- Maintains an appropriate level of office supplies and medical forms at workstation
- Reviews clinic inbox in Tia MD
- Supports Provider with U.A CX, HCG, glucose testing
AD- HOC DUTIES
- Through cross-functional collaboration, can execute ad-hoc projects as needed and meet deadlines.
- Undertake additional ad-hoc projects to help with clinic operations varying from research, product sourcing, G-Suite Documentation of processes, miscellaneous errands, and facilitation of team meetings and training.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / TARGET EXPERIENCE
- TARGET EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution. MA Diploma preferred, but not required
- Minimum 2-3 years of healthcare experience, which includes three years of healthcare with multiple provider offices
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: IRL (In-Real Life) Onsite