Assistant Store Manager
About the Company
At Stance, we believe everything starts and ends with our people. Self-reliant in our attitude, and entrepreneurial in our ethos, we have grit, guts and gratitude. Stance is a culture that cannot be duplicated - where smart, ambitious, and positive people thrive.
In 2009, we took what was once a stagnant staple and transformed socks into one of the market's most exciting accessories. By unlocking the potential of a canvas too often overlooked, Stance ignited a cultural movement around the world that has attracted visionary artists, athletes and icons to embrace our positive message of individuality and creativity. In the years since, our canvas for self-expression has expanded from toe to head by way of underwear, apparel and headwear. Through innovative materials, superior comfort and artistic design that is the bedrock ethos of our brand, Stance can now be found in over 40 countries for anyone looking to defy convention. We are Stitched Different®.
About the Role
As an Assistant Store Manager, you exist to partner with the Store Manager to oversee the guest experience and operations for the retail store, ensuring effective implementation of brand culture and business initiatives. You are accountable for driving sales, supporting the store team, and achieving operational excellence.
About the Reporting Structure
This position reports to the Store Manager.
About Primary Responsibilities
- Drive business results through a premium guest experience and employee relations that are aligned with Stance Culture and Operating Principles.
- Collaborate with Store Manager on recruiting, hiring and training for all positions.
- Provide direction, feedback, and coaching in order to foster the Stance Culture, collaboration and productivity amongst the Store Team.
- Uphold Stance’s Retail Operating Principles and operations best practices in the store.
- Analyze and monitor KPI’s and performance data to effectively collaborate with the Store Manager on strategies to achieve or surpass goals.
- Communicate with Store Manager and Buying & Planning team to manage inventory levels and maximize sales opportunities.
- Keep a pulse on the local market to ensure marketing plans and the product assortment is in line with trends and demands in the marketplace.
- Execute seasonal floorsets / visual merchandising directives within the store and maintain visual standards and brand image on a daily basis.
- Regularly review and communicate staffing, merchandising and operational needs to Store Manager.
- Manage and execute store product flow, overall BOH operations, supply needs, and store maintenance.
- Act as a liaison and connection between the Store Team and Store Manager.
- Provide seamless and complete support in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Effectively manage and coach any team member, on any task, in order to maintain successful operations of the store.
- Support new store openings, remodels, pop-ups and special events as needed.
- Have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and respond to change effectively.
- Minimum of 5 years’ retail leadership experience.
- BA or BS Preferred.
- Self-motivated leader with strong entrepreneurial skills, innate guest centric mindset, and market-aware vision.
- Shows elevated communication skills and can tailor style to suit the audience.
- Creative and adaptable team player with a winning and positive attitude.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
Stance is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance.