Director, Technical Design
Savage X Fenty
Savage X Fenty is currently looking for a Director, Technical Design
How do you fit in:
As the Director, Technical Design, you will manage all aspects of Technical Design related functions from concept to production-ready sample. You will be joining an extremely fast-paced team of creative and energetic individuals working towards significant expansion into various apparel categories, with the intimates being the central core of the business. The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind who is passionate about fashion and fit and understands the brand aesthetic and price point of our brand.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Product Creation
What you will do:
- Continually research competition in the market for various construction techniques, new technology and fit.
- Stay current on industry innovations in rapid prototyping and sampling including but not limited to 3D prototyping and rendering
- Allocate and Assembly of tech packs from development stages through production
- Work closely with design and product development teams and be the liaison with the head of production as well as import and domestic vendors
- Facilitate sampling process of apparel styles from design concept / first prototype to a final, production-ready sample offering solutions to correct fit and construction details for challenging styles when needed
- Manage preparation of matrices for handover to production
- Lead the creation of block library of patterns to maintain fit consistency within product categories
- The Director will attends all fittings and work with Tech Design and vendor partners to create brand right fits and product standards.
- Build and own grading guidelines for each category
- Structure and own approval of all size charts
- Build and manage a tracking system for all fit samples by quarter
- Dictate and guide patten corrections to tech designers and factories
- Act as point of contact for vendors, cascading calendar deadlines and expectations
- Identify and alert design and production teams of potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity is maintained
- Oversee team of technical designers to ensure they are supported in their roles
- Oversee and manage team’s fittings, ensuring on time communication with vendors
- Oversee team’s daily correspondence with import factories, sending and tracking comments and follow up on prototypes when needed, ensuring calendar deadlines are met
- Manage and support tech team with fit process, fitting illustrating pattern corrections and style comments using PLM, Excel, Illustrator and Photoshop
What you can bring:
- 10+ years previous experience as a Technical Designer with some Patternmaking experience
- Must have experience in managing a team
- Previous experience with Bras, Intimates, Shapewear, Active, Lifestyle, Seamless and Lounge
- Interpret design intent and create alternative solutions
- Oversee Draping and flat patternmaking skills
- Proven track record of growing businesses, identifying trends and delivering results
- Solid understanding of the marketplace and competitive set
- Exceptional knowledge and eye for fit, garment construction, and finishing
- Able to build processes for startup brand environment
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and work in fast-paced environment under pressure
- Knowledge of PLM, Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Outlook and Gerber is a plus
Where we are:
This role will be based in our El Segundo Headquarters on a hybrid schedule
Compensation & Total Rewards:
At Savage X Fenty, we believe work and life should fit together! We continue to build a culture of flexibility to empower you to do your best and put yourself first. Our Total Rewards Program rewards employees for their hard work, supporting their health, well-being, families, and ultimately their life journey. Total Rewards at Savage X Fenty includes:
-Hybrid Work Schedule*
-Discretionary Paid Time Off*
-Annual Bonus Program
*Varied for retail and fulfillment roles
The annual base salary range for this position is from $150,000-$176,000. The range provided includes the base salary that Savage X Fenty expects to pay for the role. Offered base salary will be dependent on factors including the scope and complexity of the role, candidate’s related work experience, subject matter expertise and work location.
Savage X Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, compensate, develop, and promote regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable. At Savage X Inc., we champion a vibrant workplace culture that thrives on diversity law and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. We are one team from many backgrounds, innovating through diversity of individuals, who are driven by passion for creating an inclusive space for all. Savage X Inc. will continue to champion a workplace culture that prizes diversity and inclusivity.
We encourage you to apply regardless of meeting all qualifications and/or requirements.