Sr. Fabric Developer
Savage X Fenty
Savage X Fenty is currently looking for a Senior Fabric Developer.
How Do You Fit In?
As the Senior Fabric Developer, you will be responsible for sourcing and developing brand appropriate materials and understanding how materials perform while in garment form.
This position will report into the Director Fabric R&D.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with creative design team to bring their vision for seasonal fashion to life with fashion-right, price appropriate materials.
- Own fabric sourcing/development process from conception through approval.
- Develop and maintain fabric and trim library to support design team.
- Manage all carryover fabrics/trims with current price lists, by keeping a physical material library and creating digital records of FDS and testing.
- Cultivate relationships with brand-right material suppliers in order to deliver quality, price-right materials in a timeframe aligned with design calendar.
- Navigate and resolve any potential issues with quality, price, lead time or minimums and communicate potential issues with appropriate cross functional partners
- Ensure all materials are passing for quality, performance metrics, product safety claims, specs, etc. per guidance provided
- Manage review and approval process of all fabrics, including fabric description sheets, spec reports and development test reports.
- Hand off materials to Production partners at the end of the development season.
- Maintain up-to-date seasonal and core Fabric/Trim charts.
- Ensure that PLM database is consistently updated with material information and accurate.
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel to Fabric Shows and Mills.
What You Can Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Textile Science, Apparel or a related degree.
- 5+ years of experience in fabric and/or trim sourcing & development.
- Technical material knowledge, including yarns, knitting, weaving, dyeing, printing and finishing techniques. Knowledge of QA, testing.
- Have well-developed communication (written & verbal), organizational skills, and detail-orientation
- Experience managing multiple projects/categories with competing resources and deadlines across multiple seasons.
- Experience developing and testing materials with vendors from concept to production.
- Prior people management experience and ability to work both independently and cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
- Proficient PC skills (spreadsheets, word processing) PLM data management systems is a plus.
Where We Are:
This role will be based in our El Segundo Headquarters on a hybrid schedule
Compensation, Benefits & Perks (Total Rewards)
At Savage X Fenty, we believe work and life should fit together! We continue to build a culture of flexibility to empower you to do your best and put yourself first. Our Total Rewards Program rewards employees for their hard work, supporting their health, well-being, families, and ultimately their life journey.
Total Rewards at Savage X Fenty include:
- Hybrid Work Schedule*
- Discretionary Paid Time Off*
- Summer Fridays
- Healthcare Plans
- Calm App Subscription
- Employee Discounts
- 401K Plan
- Annual Discretionary Bonus Plan
- Equity Incentive Plan
- And More
*Varied for retail and fulfillment roles
The annual base salary range for this position is from $74,100-110,000. Offers to candidates are expected to fall within this range and will depend on the scope and complexity of the role, work experience, subject matter expertise, work location and other relevant factors.
Savage X Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, compensate, develop, and promote regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable. At Savage X Inc., we champion a vibrant workplace culture that thrives on diversity law and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. We are one team from many backgrounds, innovating through diversity of individuals, who are driven by passion for creating an inclusive space for all. Savage X Inc. will continue to champion a workplace culture that prizes diversity and inclusivity.
We encourage you to apply regardless of meeting all qualifications and/or requirements.