Staff Software Engineer, Backend
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the Team:
Locations Available for the Notification's team: Menlo Park, CA, Seattle, WA, or New York City, NY
Locations Available for the Market Data's team: Menlo Park, CA, Seattle, WA, or New York City, NY
We have multiple teams available:
Notification: The Notification team, within the Activation & Foundation Organization, helps Robinhood's customers discover relevant products and features to support them on their financial journey. We help power communication across all of Robinhood.
Market Data: Market Data’s charter is to provide Robinhood customers with the most informative, relevant, and performant market data to help them make the investing decisions that will shape their financial future. Reference Data’s charter is to provide reliable and mission-critical reference data to all services in Robinhood, for all asset classes. Combined, Trade Data is the entry point for all data integrations into Robinhood to enable our customers to trade any asset, anywhere, anytime.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Set up and drive technical directions of the project while mentoring and up-leveling junior engineers on the team.
- Supporting core backend for Brokerage
- Design large-scale systems within the team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability
- Lead organization-wide collaboration for the team.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience in building mission critical distributed services that are high-throughput, low-latency
- A proven tech lead with experience planning and leading large projects with long-term impact on multiple services and/or teams.
- Strong technical grasp and excellent judgment on project scoping and work prioritization.
- Able to tackle challenging engineering problems in complex domains that deliver results.
- History of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency.
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, databases, batch processing systems.
- Strong understanding of data modeling and extensive experience in good API design practices (gRPC and/or REST).
- Experience building one or more large-scale services in Golang.
Technologies we use:
- Python/Java/Go/any object-oriented language
- Message Queues
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $217000 - $255000
US Zone 2: $190000 - $224000
US Zone 3: $169000 - $199000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?