Senior Software Engineer, Clearing
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Menlo Park, CA, or Seattle, WA, or New York City, NY, with in-office work capabilities, as management may require.
The Clearing team within the Brokerage Organization helps Robinhood ship industry-leading financial products for our customers. Clearing works cross-functionally with engineering and non-engineering teams to ship exciting products such as extended trading, sweep for gold, Retirement accounts and SLIP. The team is core to the functionality of Robinhood, handling all settlements, cash deposits and stock splits.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Set up and drive technical directions of the project while mentoring and up-leveling junior engineers on the team.
- Supporting core backend for brokerage and clearing
- Design large-scale systems within the team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability
- Lead organization-wide collaboration for the team.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- You have a track record of successfully leading teams and delivering large-scope technical projects, setting a high standard for code quality and code review processes
- You deeply understand the design, product, and backend engineering disciplines so that you can work effectively with them
- Experience with Flink
- Experience scaling large amounts of data
- Experience leading cross functional projects
Technologies we use:
- Python/Java/Go/any object-oriented language
- Message Queues
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $187000 - $220000
US Zone 2: $165000 - $194000
US Zone 3: $146000 - $172000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?