Associate, Visual Merchandising
Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
The Associate, Visual Merchandising enhances the overall digital experience across the RTR website and app. They manage the visual presentation and organization of products across the site and app, measuring the impact of those efforts and optimizing accordingly. The Associate, Visual Merchandising brings Digital Merchandising content strategy to life across key site placements like product collections, navigation, landing pages, and more.
This role requires a customer-first outlook, investigative approach, excellent communication skills, and a proven ability to make timely decisions.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and maintain engaging, customer-driven product collections for site, app, and marketing channels, utilizing both data and merchandising acumen to refresh assortments with timely, relevant, and desirable styles on a weekly basis
- Maintain content across key site placements like visual navigation, grid toppers, product carousels, and more, including creating and managing content calendars, identifying and pulling assets, and measuring and optimizing based on performance
- Partner with our Senior Manager, Visual Merchandising to outline content and link direction for site and app refreshes, supporting and laddering up to overall Digital Merchandising content strategy
- Closely partner with Associate Manager, CMS to VQA all site changes across staging and production, with a strong attention to detail and a constant prioritization of the customer experience
- Execute minor site updates to placements like top navigation as needed
- Work cross-functionally with Fashion, Inventory, Brand, and more to share insights and partner on new initiatives, ensuring content plans and product assortments are informed by cross-functional insights
- Serve as a stakeholder with Product and Tech teams focused on Merchandising systems, ideating on and testing new features, providing feedback on functionality, and advocating for improvements that will allow the Digital Merchandising team to work more efficiently
- Serve as a key partner to the email/CRM/paid marketing teams, participating in and providing feedback during the briefing process, identifying relevant product imagery, providing linking direction, and completing VQA on test emails
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of visual/site merchandising experience
- You have excellent communication skills and strong computer skills, including proficiency in Google Suite
- You are process-driven, with strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
- You’re aligned with the team mission and have a strong sense of ownership, accountability, and pride for work output
- You can adapt and thrive with change
- You can effectively manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- You’re obsessed with creating an exceptional digital customer experience
- You enjoy problem solving and are always looking to innovate
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You’re excited to learn new systems and processes
- Bonus Capabilities: Looker, Heap Analytics, Google Analytics, Figma, and CMS Experience. You have a keen visual eye, sense of style, and are knowledgeable of fashion trends.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated annual salary rate for this position is $70,000 to $85,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.