Senior Manager, Business Operations and Strategy
Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
We are seeking an entrepreneurial leader to own the function and report directly to the President & COO. As Sr. Manager of Business Operations & Strategy, you will work across all teams to lead mission critical, cross-functional efforts, guide our strategic planning process and help drive execution on strategic initiatives.
You will build relationships with senior leaders in every area of the business in this highly visible and impactful role. You will be equal parts operator and strategist, ensuring we are not only able to build successful strategies, but also able to deliver them in a predictable way. You are organized, take initiative, and love to manage down to the details. Our expectation is that this is a position that sets you up to explore future roles on a variety of other teams within the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate RTR’s Strategic Planning Process from end to end. Partner with senior leaders across each function to ensure we are building innovative strategies that drive our financial objectives, ensuring strong prioritization to achieve those objectives, and delivering operational plans against them. Iterate on the process to improve outcomes.
- Partner with senior leadership to build our Annual Operating Plan. Package and gain executive buy-in of product and business roadmaps, serving as a bridge with the finance team to ensure our strategies achieve the right financial metrics.
- Partner with comms team to manage all Internal comms, be a key driver of RTR’s culture of transparency and communication
- Guide the company’s entire OKR process including formulation of OKRs at company and team level, monthly tracking and ongoing revisions
- Drive a culture of accountability through KPI tracking and OKR check-ins. Ensure we are creating clear goals for employees at every level.
- Own weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Serve as a “+1” on strategic initiatives when needed
- Evaluate organizational barriers to success and develop action plan to ensure the company runs with efficiency and transparency
- BA/BS required, MBA a plus
- 6+ years of experience in business operations, ecommerce or brand management, corporate strategy, consulting or banking
- Experience with consumer-facing brands, startup experience is a plus
- You’re highly analytical, and can understand and dissect data as well and run financial models
- You’re a master at strategic prioritization and decision making, and can effectively balance long term business goals with short term needs
- You have a founder mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit. You’re ready to take on tasks outside of role
- You’re resilient, and can be flexible with changing business needs and priorities
- You’re great at building relationships and trust within the organization.
- You’re a great simplifier, and can reduce complexity to ensure rapid decision making.
- You are process oriented, and are equally comfortable diving into existing processes or creating new ones.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Office centric work - our corporate employees and technical leaders have the option to work remotely on Fridays, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $134,000-$150,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.This position is also eligible for equity compensation.