Remote Part-Time Customer Experience Associate
Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives and breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, shipping virtuosos, and even fashion therapists.. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business and has a major impact on our continued success. You will be working on a great team with supportive team leaders.
About the Job:
Customer Experience Associates (CXA) will be responsible for ensuring that all of our customers have the Cinderella Experience that has personified the Rent The Runway brand. This role will act as a subject matter expert who delivers empathetic, detail-oriented solutions to our customers. As our frontline, all CXAs are trained and positioned for optimal employee effectiveness.
This part-time role currently offers approximately 20 hours/week. Our business is seasonal, so CX Agents are expected to flex up or decrease their weekly hours when the business requires it (typically between 15-29 hours/week).
All new hires MUST attend our 4 week virtual training, Monday-Friday 9:30am - 4pm EST beginning on Monday, November 27th. You will go through orientation and a robust training period to prepare you for CX interactions. Upon completion of this period, you will be required to pass an assessment that will test knowledge gained during training. You will begin your PT shift after the training period is complete.
We are currently hiring for the following shift times:
- Wednesday 2:00pm-7:00pm EST
- Saturday-Tuesday, 9am - 2pm EST
- Saturday-Tuesday, 1pm - 6pm EST
- Wednesday-Saturday, 9am - 2pm EST
Please note this is a remote role, however candidates must reside as permanent residents in one of the following states (international remote work is prohibited):
The starting pay rate for this position is non-negotiable and varies by work location:
$16/hr: MA, CO, OR, TX, IL, AZ, VA, FL
$14.50/hr: TN, KS
What You'll Do:
- Deliver exceptional service and develop lasting relationships with customers via Rent the Runway channels for communication - live chat, phone, and email.
- Serve as a proud brand ambassador of Rent the Runway, constantly championing our core values to democratize fashion.
- Maintain knowledge of all Rent the Runway products including fit, styles and inventory.
- Assist customers in finding styles that meet their individual style and events needs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with the utmost care and respect by listening to their problems and offering creative resolutions.
- Deliver personalized service while meeting quality and productivity goals.
- Share customer feedback and information with other team members and leaders in order to continuously improve and evolve the customer experience.
- Contribute to an empathetic, positive and energetic team culture.
Who You Are:
- You have at least 2 years of experience working in a customer-focused environment
- You are a Problem Solver. You are able to think quickly and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- You Rebound Quickly. Handling difficult customer issues is a challenging job! You approach every day with a positive attitude and rebound quickly.
- You are a Multitasker. You are able to assist 3 customers at once on chat all while maintaining an exceptional level of service.
- You are a Communicator. You listen well and understand the needs of our customers and our business. You express your ideas clearly and communicate persuasively to produce positive results.
- You have Strong Integrity. You are honest and ethical in all interactions and uphold company values and policies.
- You work with efficiency. You understand productivity metrics and are able to hold yourself accountable to assisting customers with attention to detail and efficiency.
- You are Dedicated. You are committed to providing a Cinderella Experience during each customer interaction.
- You are Empathetic. You are able to see situations from the customer’s perspective and provide the best solutions aligned with Rent the Runway’s core values.
About You / Requirements:
- Technical aptitude and problem-solving skills required
- Computer proficiency (G Suite, Google Chrome Browser, Slack, Zoom, etc) required
- High speed internet access provided by a cable or fiber provider with a minimum 10Mbps connection (RTR will provide laptop & headset)
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.