🪄 Staff Product Engineer - NYC
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Partiful's mission is to cultivate friendships through social events.
We believe parties (and other social events) are the most effective way to meet new people and make friends. Our product helps you throw incredible events, starting with memorable party pages that make it easy to plan & communicate with guests — create a party page to see how it works!
We're building new ways to streamline planning, connect meaningfully in the real world, and make connections between friends-of-friends. Our ultimate vision is to power everything you do in-person with your friends, eliminating the friction of bringing your most memorable experiences to life. You can read more about our mission in The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Atlantic, Modern Retail, and Mashable (who called us one of the top 10 trends that changed the internet in 2022).
Our company is backed by top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, and advised by the founders of some of the most successful consumer social products ever made. We're a small team of less than 20 people, with backgrounds including Facebook, Palantir, Google, Snapchat, and many more.
We’re looking for an experienced, thoughtful principal/staff engineer to help bring this vision to life. This is primarily an IC role with a strong mentorship component; if you're looking for a pure Engineering Manager role, this isn't the best fit. We're NY- and LA-based with a hybrid in-person model, in the office 3 days a week. Our stack is React (web app), React Native (mobile app), Node.js, and Typescript.
In this role, you'll:
- Work directly with the CTO
- Make key technical decisions across the stack
- Be responsible for crafting scalable architecture
- Ensure a high degree of code quality
- Implement engineering best practices
- Guide/mentor other engineers
- Lead and improve engineering processes
- Own development of end-to-end features and projects
You’re likely a good fit if you:
- Have 10+ years of full-time software engineering experience, with at least 3 years working in React
- Worked at both startups and larger companies, staying long enough to see the impact of your technical decisions
- Have strong product chops
- Are deeply committed to high-quality, sustainable, and scalable engineering
- Can elegantly structure and decomp complex features
- Are comfortable with ambiguity
- Generate quick yet thoughtful solutions when faced with constraints
- Put ego aside when making decisions
- Practice leading without authority
- Are passionate about growing and teaching others
What we offer:
- 401(k) with up to 6% matching
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents (FSAs and HSA plans available)
- Free OneMedical membership, telehealth, and virtual mental health services
- Commuter benefits & contributions towards ClassPass and Citibike memberships
- Unlimited vacation (minimum 3 weeks required)
- Quarterly stipend to plan your own party and dogfood the product
- Quarterly travel benefit & semiannual team off-sites
- Get invited to exclusive parties 🎉
In your application, please include a note on what's got you excited about Partiful!
We're an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We're proud to be a team of majority women and/or people of color. Diversity and inclusion aren't just lip service to us — we walk the walk, hold ourselves accountable, and actively work to bring new perspectives to the table.