Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
Under the supervision of the RFP Program Manager, the Proposal Specialist will be responsible for working directly with the Marketing and Sales Teams to develop high-quality, compelling proposals and responses to Requests-for-Proposals (“RFPs”). As a key driver in both Marketing and Sales Team initiatives, this role plays a critical part in increasing annual recurring revenue and new business for the company. This position involves close collaboration with each team of the Go-To-Market organization.
• Play a consultative role to the Sales team in advising which RFx opportunities are a strong fit for us to pursue and which RFx opportunities are a poor fit that we should pass on
• Identify and source well-qualified RFx opportunities to pursue (solicitations not previously identified by the Sales team)
• Draft and update proposal templates and other external-facing RFx documentation as needed
• Oversee and manage the entire RFx lifecycle process, from initial intake and qualification to proposal development and final submission in alignment with strict RFP timelines
• Produce high-quality and compelling proposals that meet & exceed evaluators’ expectations
• Moderate and audit the RFx content library; work closely with company Subject Matter Experts to update content as needed
• Drive the focus of the RFx response strategy on opportunities that closely align with OpenGov’s Product-Market Fit (PMF) and Ideal Customer Profile (ICP)
• Identify exceptions within contractual documentation and Terms & Conditions included with RFx’s; work with OpenGov’s General Counsel to flag contractual concerns prior to proposal submission
• Research competitor proposals, evaluation scorecards, and bid tabulations via FOIA requests for win/loss analysis and strategic takeaways
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• Proposal writing, grant writing, and/or contract management experience required, bachelor's degree preferred
• 3-5 years experience in managing proposals & RFPs preferred
• Experience working with government procurement and/or the public sector in general preferred
• Able to process and understand complex, highly technical information to translate into easy-to-understand, yet well-written content for a non-technical audience required
• Strong knowledge of grammatical rules and experience with editing and formatting longform pieces of content required
• Strong PC knowledge including proficiency in Google Docs, Adobe, MS Word, and MS Excel required
• Working knowledge of proposal workflow automation/content management systems such as RFPio, Loopio, Qvidian, etc. preferred
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.