Customer Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Customer Service
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
This position requires a minimum of 3 days per week working onsite in OpenGov's Boston, MA office.
One of the best things about working in govtech is that the customers are awesome. They’re good people doing their part to build great communities. The Customer Marketing Manager at OpenGov is responsible for developing and executing customer-focused marketing strategies to boost engagement, expansion, and retention among those awesome customers. This person will be a key player on a high-performing, fun-loving marketing team and will lead the charge to elevate the experience across the customer journey. This includes exciting projects like driving customer advocacy, promoting brand loyalty, and contributing to the overall growth of the business.
If you are enthusiastic about engaging with customers, have a knack for finding creative ways to connect people, and are passionate about driving effective and accountable government -- look no further!
Customer Advocacy Programs:
• Manage customer reference program, partnering with sales and customer success team members to connect customers with prospects.
• Plan and execute customer advocacy programs to encourage satisfied customers to become brand advocates.
• Collaborate with content marketing to create compelling testimonials, case studies, and customer success stories.
• Identify customers to be featured in award submissions, webinars, third-party events, user groups, and customer conferences.
• Partner with customer success leaders on regional or topic-based user groups for customers to showcase leading use cases and examples.
Adoption and Retention Campaigns:
• Manage marketing touchpoints across the customer journey–setting customers up for success and growth.
• Partner with the customer success team on campaigns to increase feature adoption, boost customer retention, and reduce churn.
• Utilize data-driven insights to optimize retention strategies and enhance customer satisfaction.
Cross-Sell and Upsell Initiatives:
• Work closely with product marketing and sales teams to identify opportunities for cross-selling and upselling to existing customers.
• Develop and execute targeted campaigns to promote additional products or services.
Customer Segmentation and Targeting:
• Partner with marketing operations to analyze customer data to identify segments and target audiences for personalized marketing campaigns.
• Develop strategies to effectively reach and engage different customer segments.
• Use customer insights to shape marketing strategies and enhance the overall customer experience.
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• B.A. required in Communication, Marketing, or a related field of study
• 5+ years of experience working in marketing; government SaaS is a plus
• Customer-centric mindset, with proven success in supporting the customer journey
• Demonstrates creativity and innovation in developing customer-focused marketing campaigns.
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently; takes initiative and strives to exceed expectations
• Excellent collaboration skills, with experience working cross-functionally on large projects and events
• Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with close attention to detail
• Knows how to work hard and play hard; teaming up with high-performers to do work that makes an impact
• Experience with Marketo, Salesforce, and Outreach preferred
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.