Manager, Customer Support
Plano, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
The OpenGov Support Center utilizes a POD system to provide software support to our customers. Each POD is a specialized team of Subject Matter Experts (SME) for an OpenGov product. Each product contains a number of modules all requiring extensive knowledge as well as how to apply workflow concepts for multiple customer use cases including specific terminology for that field.
Our goal is to ensure our customers’ have an effortless experience with every support interaction and that we are an aligned partner committed to successful business outcomes.
The Manager, Customer Support will lead a team of support professionals responsible for technical support via Phone, Chat, Web, and Email. The Manager, Customer Support is ultimately responsible for all support cases processed in their POD, ensuring KPIs are met or exceeded and that CSAT results are aligned with our support goal.
The Manager, Customer Support will report directory to the Vice President, Customer Support in the Customer Success organization and will also partner with leaders in Product & User Experience, Engineering, and Professional Services.
• Manage a team of technical support professionals including Level 1, 2, and 3
• Provide customer technical support via omnichannel interactions in order to achieve key performance goals, ensuring customer interactions are addressed in a timely manner and meeting or exceeding service levels
• Utilize service management system (Salesforce Service Cloud) for case management by providing adequate log notes, timely case updates, and work towards resolution goals for cases
• Track support KPIs, provide visibility around observed trends and areas for improvement
• Ensure case quality standards are met by all support professionals
• Train and mentor all team members on OpenGov products and Support best practices
• Continue to develop the technical skills needed to meet the evolving needs of the business
• Serve as a primary point of escalation for customers
• Maintain schedules and rotations to ensure interactions are answered and SLAs are met
• Participate with Manager on-call rotation
• Participate in Customer Journey transition calls from Implementation to Go Live
• Participate in Customer User Groups and other events
• Lead assigned projects that are required to meet corporate and department objectives
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
• 5+ years direct people management experience required
• 10 years of Support Center experience with SaaS and mission-critical products required
• Advanced proficiency with a Service Management System (ZenDesk, Service Cloud, Service Now, etc.) required
• Advanced proficiency with a Knowledge Management System and creating knowledge articles required
• Advanced proficiency with JIRA and Kanban boards required
• Advanced understanding of ITIL Service Management best practices with an emphasis on Incident Management, • • Problem Management, Change Management, and Release Management required
• Experience supporting workflow management software a plus preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required
• Excellent organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills required
• Advanced ability to collaborate and thrive within a team environment required
• Advanced ability to handle multiple competing priorities required
• Advanced ability to lead and influence at all levels required
• Advanced ability to de-escalate sensitive customer situations required
• Advanced ability to lead projects or key initiatives required
• Must be able to work in the Plano, TX office a minimum of 3 days to 5 days a week required
• Experience working with government (state or local) customers preferred
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.