Implementation Analyst (Permitting & Licensing)
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
This position requires a minimum of 3 days a week working onsite in OpenGov's Boston, IL office.
The Implementation Analyst will look to drive value to the OpenGov customer and deliver a complete, quick, and smooth implementation by utilizing their product knowledge, and expertise and making solution recommendations. This role will be responsible for driving a successful customer implementation from start to finish, setting the underlying foundation of their OpenGov platform, while promoting maximum value for their investment in OpenGov.
• Drive and manage new customer implementations from start to finish.
• This includes providing guidance, assistance, and support to customers from the initial data requirements gathering, technical platform configuration, administrator training, and all other requirements defined through a customer’s implementation.
• Be the primary technical point of contact for new customers deploying OpenGov, or those expanding to implement additional functionality.
• Interact directly with government leaders daily, guide them through the process, and empower them to become our advocates and successful administrators of their OpenGov software platform.
• Understand customer pain points and partner with cross-functional teams to simplify, enhance, and automate existing processes that will improve customer workflow.
• Become an expert in governmental processes across multiple states.
• Work closely with the engagement and adoption team to facilitate and drive a consistent customer experience and ensure successful training for new customers Leverage and continually develop best practices for each data environment and customer vertical to assist in future implementation efficiencies.
• Compliment key product discussions by gathering and communicating customer feedback and feature requests to ensure OpenGov is a “must-have solution.”
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• 2+ years of experience in software implementation consulting or transferrable work with external clients preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in analyzing and reporting large volumes of financial and operational data, in addition, to experience with government operational concepts and practices.
• Ability to provide clear and effective phone support, assistance, and recommendations to build positive relationships with customers.
• Strong skills in the conceptualization of patterns, modeling, and design.
• Strong Excel skills, including using Functions/ Formulas to format data such as v-lookup, pivot tables, error-checking, and developing properly formatted reports.
• ETL tools, ETL report creation, macros, and visual basics are not required, but highly desirable.
• Track record of working in a fast-paced environment while balancing internal procedures and process improvements, all while collaborating with team members.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to customer needs.
Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills, teamwork, and customer service skills.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.