Sr. Full Stack Engineer - Reporting
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven, fast-growth, venture backed SaaS company (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner, Top 25 Highest Rated Cloud Companies to Work For, and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Please see this video from John Chambers about OpenGov India
What You’ll Do - Function:
• Design and develop robust microservices using node.js & a modern React UI to serve over 100k daily users across hundreds of customer communities
• Own the end to end product lifecycle including collaboration with Product, Design and other customer success stakeholders to shape the system
• Deliver iterative improvements with performant code to realize the product vision and roadmap plans
• Using an API first approach, develop REST microservices that communicate with the OpenGov event driven platform for Data & Reporting services, as well as integrate with customer systems
• Participate in the CICD and DevOps automation initiatives to build, test, deploy & operate on industry leading platforms & tools including AWS Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, Sonar, Spinnaker, New Relic etc
• You will act as a key contributor to continuously improve the way the team collaborates and delivers, while elevating the quality and business value of the product, as well as the technical innovation and excellence standards
What You Bring - Experience:
• 5+ years of professional experience and track record of developing high-quality scalable code using modern computing languages in a self organized Agile environment
• 4+ years delivering software using an agile methodology (Scrum ideally)
• Experience building a heavily utilized at scale consumer-facing enterprise SaaS software
• Experience with cloud-native software development and delivery with clear understanding of the standard architecture patterns and design practices surrounding Cloud services and deployments
• Successfully built APIs, architected database models including SQL and NoSQL, and event-driven patterns
What You Have - Skill:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required
• Intrinsic motivation and high degree of accountability to deliver and thrive in a fast paced environment
• Ability to solve complex problems and provide optimal solutions in a collaborative culture
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.