Global Procurement Lead
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
Under supervision of the General Counsel, the Global Procurement Lead will be responsible for managing our procurement process for all new purchases and renewals. You will be responsible for driving material cost savings to the company.
This role is intended to optimize our evaluations, systems alignment, and influence all spend across the company as part of our centralized systems and teams. As part of this role, you will be responsible for improving current processes that streamlines purchasing and renewals, optimizes deal structure, and educates the organization on conducting thorough evaluations for new spend, as well as analyzing existing spending to optimize our usage, spend, and predictability across all spend categories.
Strong analytical, interpersonal, organization, creativity, change management, negotiation and communication skills are a must.
• Develop, drive alignment, and execute sourcing strategies across a multi-year horizon
• Negotiate contracts, renewals, and manage vendor performance
• Achieve specific cost savings targets
• Hold vendors accountable to drive improvement objectives with course corrections as required
• Effectively manage the team (currently one procurement specialist) to influence more spend
• Serve as the main point of contact internally for technology purchasing and procurement
• Lead program initiatives that align with strategic company goals and business objectives
• Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to identify usage optimization and contract right-sizing
• Partner with senior leadership to identify business process opportunities and drive to closure
• Support quarterly and annual planning processes with analysis that influences goal setting, prioritization and resource planning
• Enhance the current sourcing function including updated templates, workstreams, and trainings for things like deal flow management, negotiation strategies, and establishing success metrics
• Improve current procurement workflows, policies, procedures, and controls and implement and advocate across the company
• Develop a standard RFP Process to centralize competing offers on renewals and new purchases
• Oversee creation of Training materials for employees on existing purchasing process
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• 10+ years of experience in technology and strategic sourcing
• Demonstrated experience in project management and operations
• Strong experience in program management, planning and strategic negotiations
• Excellent communicator. Proactive and collaborative across all departments
• Demonstrated ability to interact with C level senior executives with professional presence
• Ability to manage through ambiguity, effective communication skills and consistent delivery on commitments
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a business or economics related field
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.