Sr. Executive Assistant to CEO (San Francisco)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
About the role
Reporting directly to and supporting our CEO, OpenGov's Senior Executive Assistant is a critical role in our fast-paced, high-growth organization. This is a unique opportunity to support Zac Bookman, CEO and Co-Founder of OpenGov. You'll own his schedule and travel completely, but also interface with our executive staff and assistants on all day-to-day business.
The ideal candidate adapts well to a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, demonstrates flexibility as timelines and priorities change, and provides a high degree of attention and responsiveness to the needs of our CEO. Intelligence, speed, reliability, consistency, resourcefulness, grit, open and direct communication, creativity, and ability to negotiate for wins are necessary attributes to succeed in this role.
• Maintain CEO's personal and professional calendar
• Ensure CEO is on time to events and flexing calendar as needed
• Accurately arrange complex, detailed and frequently changing travel plans and itineraries
• Anticipate the needs of our CEO and use excellent judgment as competing priorities battle for attention.
• Execute a variety of personal and professional projects speedily and with a keen eye for detail.
• Flawless execution of administrative activities by working with precision, speed, and good judgement to provide dynamic support for our CEO.
• Filing expense reports, editing presentations and ensuring all documents are readily available for our CEO in a timely manner.
• Execute events (such as company-wide and department level offsites, team meetings, etc) and special projects as directed.
• Provide personal assistant support for CEO
• Establish trust with all executives by handling sensitive matters with the utmost discretion.
• 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant in a fast-paced organization supporting a CEO or senior C-level Executive
• Extreme attention to detail, organized, and track-record of multi-tasking in a deadline driven atmosphere
• Energetic, proactive, and capable of turning around tasks quickly and efficiently
• Technically savvy: Google Apps, calendaring skills, and ability to learn new concepts quickly
• High EQ with the willingness to learn, and orientation to exceed objectives and take on more responsibility as needed – eager for feedback and personal growth
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and adapt to the constantly changing needs of a busy CEO
• Experience working at a SaaS/Tech company is a plus
• BA/BS degree required
• Able to work off-hours/weekends to deliver results and impact
• Superior written and interpersonal communication skills
• High attention to detail - analytical aptitude important.
• Team player who is always willing to jump in to help other teams as needed
• Constantly raising the bar with your confidence and professional demeanor
• Act with diplomacy, discretion, integrity and reliability
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.