Manager, Customer Success Operations
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development, Operations
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
About the Manager, Customer Success Operations role:
As OpenGov continues to thrive and grow, the Revenue Operations (RevOps) team is actively reshaping its structure and processes to better handle the increasing demands. While the business operations functions have done a good job so far, they are now moving towards a more efficient and scalable approach. This means shifting away from an individual-focused mindset to improve overall operations. The growing team in RevOps is working hard to streamline resources and introduce standardized processes, better communication, and advanced analytics to provide stronger support to the broader GTM organization.
The Manager, Customer Success Operations role will uniquely provide fertile ground to collaborate with all levels of the RevOps and CS teams to improve critical CS programs and drive our clients through successful customer journies. With OpenGov's mission to power more effective and accountable government, this position will be central to making a positive and meaningful impact at a large public scale across our state and local communities.
• Maintain and improve OpenGov’s forecasting capability by refining forecasting to a finer level of detail and building an out quarter forecast methodology.
• Develop and implement lifecycle processes, policies, and metrics to support customer outcomes and business growth, assisting in defining appropriate touch points (i.e., human-led and digital) throughout the customer journey (post-initial sale).
• Be the Customer Success domain expert for methods, processes, systems, and tools that we use at the field, management, and leadership level to drive stronger usage and relationships across all of our customers.
• Build and maintain our territory structure backed by data and programs and work with business stakeholders to operationalize plans across the field in line with our annual planning process.
• Deeply understand our support model and support the development of our technology stack to ensure customers have fast and responsive support when and where they need it.
• Work with Support leadership, and R&D leadership as needed, to refine and rigorously monitor KPIs for each level of support.
• Sponsor the business systems program for the Customer Success function (drive business requirements, testing, and change management activities) to increase field team member productivity.
• Support our SVP of Customer Success in all areas pertinent to managing the business including team performance management, monthly business reviews, and bi-annual/ annual planning cycles.
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• 4+ years of experience in field operations roles.
• Strong understanding of what good looks like across post-sales operations functions including customer success and support.
• Familiarity as a business owner, admin, or power user within Salesforce and Gainsight or applicable CRM and post-sales CRM solutions.
• Ability to execute at a strategic level as well as dig into the details and lead projects from conception to completion.
• Adept analyst with a strong aptitude for understanding systems, processes, and available data as well as the ability to learn new systems and technology quickly.
• Experience working with management and leadership teams to provide actionable insights.
• Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution-oriented, and driven to succeed.
• Ability to drive change and lead through influence in a matrixed environment.
• Crisp written communication and verbal communication skills; ability to highlight and collaborate on areas for improvement.
• Build strong relationships with all department leaders and stakeholders by improving visibility, making strategic suggestions, and partnering on initiatives to drive results.
• Quantitative Skills; Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience using multiple data sources, enriching data to complete analyses.
• BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or other related fields.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.