Customer Success Manager (West Region)
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
This position requires a minimum of 2-3 days a week working onsite in OpenGov's San Francisco, CA office.
About the Customer Success Manager role:
Within the Customer Success function, the Customer Success Management (CSM) team is the one responsible for maintaining and growing the business relations between us and our customers. This Customer Success Manager (CSM) position will be responsible for understanding the customer’s goals, pain points, and workflows in order to successfully drive product adoption, retention, and program expansion. CSMs will use their ability to influence decision-makers and their experience driving complex process changes to successfully position OpenGov solutions and best practices to ensure maximize value to the customer.
Customer Manager Responsibilities:
• KPIs (MBO): Adoption (usage), Program Expansion, Relationships and Satisfaction (NPS) and Commercial (retention and upsells)
• Use a consultative approach to drive platform adoption, engagement, and expansion across a territory of 40-80 government customers
• Build strong relationships with customers and make them OpenGov evangelists, ensuring high customer retention and satisfaction rates
• Become the go-to person and escalation point for issues and opportunities by key personnel at the customer
• Monitor customers’ health, usage, and ongoing/changing needs and execute playbooks to assist them in maximizing value from our solutions
• Maintain a deep understanding of the product and communicate features and functionality that will improve their workflow
• Develop and execute plans to expand relations with the customers at both elected and appointed official levels, in a multitude of ways: electronic, direct, face-to-face
• Understand the agencies’ “big picture”, proactively position value, and assist with execution, Support the Professional Services and Technical Support teams in deploying solutions, training customers, and driving more effective usage
• Compliment key product discussions by gathering and communicating customer feedback and feature requests
• Occasionally travel to meet customers in person, identify expansion opportunities, manage upsells on your own, and coordinate/tee up cross-sell with sales executives
• 4-8 years of experience in Customer Success Management within a fast-growing company
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to customer needs
• Proven experience working at SaaS companies and solutions
• Strong interpersonal skills and track record of building collaborative relationshipsFamiliarity with sales cycles in competitive markets
• Technical aptitude and proficiency with Salesforce as well as emerging CS solutions like CSM platforms (i.e. Gainsight, Komiko, etc), in-app guidance, marketing automation, and more
• Experience with government budgeting concepts and practices and/or finance/budgeting solutions is a plusExceptional presentation, organizational, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.