Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Please see this video from John Chambers about OpenGov India
The Engineering Operations (EngOps) team is a foundational team in OpenGov’s R&D organization. (See R&D at OpenGov.) With a broad charter that spans operating OpenGov’s cloud infrastructure, DevOps, SRE, Security, and Quality/Release/Support workflows, among others, it serves as a foundation on which all other OpenGov products are built, tested, released, deployed, and operated in a uniform and consistent manner.
EngOps is a group of talented engineers passionate about building highly scalable and secure solutions on public cloud using open source and other industry-standard software components (see EngOps Tech Stack), in a setting that is fast-paced and agile. Our customers are internal to the organization. We make architectural decisions in close collaboration with them and then iterate quickly to provide high quality platforms and solutions. A high degree of freedom and responsibility is second nature to us.
Also see the following articles for the work that this team has been doing and where it is headed:
• Building software and managing highly available cloud infrastructure (24x7) for continuous integration, automated software releases, infrastructure automation, and monitoring.
• Operating Kubernetes and Docker in production on a public cloud.
• Operating services that are foundational to the product architecture in terms of usage across multiple products, such as EC2, ALB, Cloud Firewall, Authorization/Authentication, Aurora, Postgres, Kafka.
• Building and operating software delivery (CI/CD), process automation, testing, and other tools to improve developer velocity and fuel engineering innovation.
• Leading deployment aspects related to networking (e.g. load balancing), security (e.g. TLS termination, secrets management), and scalability.
• Supporting, troubleshooting, and monitoring of production systems, including optimization to their performance, scale, utilization, and costs.
• Should be ready to work in 24x7 rotational shift based environment if required.
• Experience running EC2 and K8 securely and at scale in production on public clouds, preferably with both Linux and Windows workloads
• Experience with AWS and their APIs
• Development and administration experience on Windows and Linux environment with distributions like Debian and Ubuntu
• Programming skills in languages like Java/Python/Ruby/Go/C/C++
• Working knowledge of Terraforms and development.
• Demonstrable experience in creating high-performance and highly scalable services
• Deep understanding of web technologies such as HTTP, TLS, and REST and services such as Nginx and HAProxy
• Experience with tooling and systems for build, infrastructure automation, and monitoring, such as Jenkins, Github actions, Artifactory, Terraform.
• Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols and security principles at all layers of the stack from networking to applications
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exhibits a good balance between strategic direction and tactical execution
• Has a strong orientation towards delivering results incrementally
• Able to find, diagnose, troubleshoot and solve issues at any level of the stack or within the organization
• Experience: Minimum 7 years industry experience with 5 years as an SRE engineer in SaaS companies
• Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.