Director of Operations - OGI
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Please see this video from John Chambers about OpenGov India
This role will execute operational and administrative procedures throughout the OpenGov-India entity, in partnership and alignment with OpenGov US.
Through a variety of daily, weekly and recurring tasks, leveraging open and transparent communication, documentation and execution skills, this role will support over 100 local employees while ensuring alignment with local management and US-based targets, goals and initiatives.
The role will require developing a deep understanding of OpenGov’s business, mature relationships with local and remote leadership as well as a functional understanding of the R&D, Professional Services and Customer Support teams in India. Support will include partnership with Human Resources, Recruiting, Facilities and IT Systems.
• Documenting and transitioning existing workflows across local operations, including HR, Finance, IT Helpdesk, etc.
• Developing a close relationship with local leadership and US-based Operations leadership through a direct and dotted-line reporting structure
• Participation and execution of cross-functional initiatives directed by a Global Operations Committee (the VTeam)
• Monitor and Support HR, Recruitment and Finance team to coordinate the OGI related activities and targets.
• Ensuring a value-added experience to all stakeholders by partnering with them and influencing them on business and day to day operational issues and expectations,
• Measuring progress towards and monitoring variances to departmental goals, targets and operational metrics
• Preparing reporting, analysis and summary data for both local use and to communicate results to the US operations in a timely, complete and accurate fashion,
• Leverage effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external processes
• Provide accurate and timely reports outlining the operational condition of the company
• Ensure the delivery of Facilities Management services to a high standard
• Support the development of contracts and contractor management
• Contribute to Procurement strategy and benchmarking projects while serving as a procurement liaison, locally
• Manage the local office and drive alignment with OpenGov’s Hybrid Work Policy including working with the local senior leadership team in the allocation of space and office facilities
• Orchestrate employee events such as all-hands and kick-offs partnering with the site leader
• Develop, review and keep the Business Continuity Plan and arrangements up to date and regularly tested
• Assess and forecast financial performance for OpenGov India, including comparison of actuals to budget, consider outlook and manage activity to deliver agreed financial outcomes/savings
• Ensure Payroll, Expense Management, PF deposits, and other employee related aspects are done on time every month
• Interface with Corporate Governance Bodies as a representative of OpenGov-India and to support local management’s focus on execution by ensuring compliance and timely reporting to all local government agencies.
• Ability to identify Compliance, legal and reputational risks in partnership with legal and accounting outside services firms and other external partners.
• To ensure compliance with all the laws, rules, regulations, circulars, directive etc applicable to OpenGov as a Foreign Subsidiary (GST, PF deposits, STPI registration).
• Implementation of compliance calendar with respect to the various provisions of Company Law, Rules and Regulations, Corporate
• Governance Code, RBI/FEMA guidelines, and provisions of various laws, rules and regulations as may be applicable to OpenGov.
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• At least 7 years of experience in a Corporate environment, software sector preferred
• 3+ years of experience in working with Senior Leadership with relevant cross-functional experience in aligning and managing resources from different functions
• Expertise with India employment, benefit, corporate and compliance regulations,
• Able to deal with difficult, sensitive and confidential information
• Ability to work flexible hours, including alignment with US-based management,
• Experience in Excel, Word and Powerpoint (or Google equivalents)
• Facilities management experience preferred
• Strong ability to collaborate and thrive within a team environment required
• Strong ability to handle multiple competing priorities required
• Proven ability to lead projects or key initiatives required
• Excellent organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills required
• A strong sense of integrity, professionalism, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.