Customer Success Manager (West Region)
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Customer Success Manager role:
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) role is an evolving role at OpenGov as the company matures its ERP Cloud business. To learn OpenGov’s customers, technology, and marketplace, this role assumes Senior Account Management responsibilities for customers in a strategic region/segment of our business in the first 2-4 quarters of onboarding.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) works closely with customers, account executives, and field leadership to proactively ensure churn prevention, customer health for retention/renewal, and identify expansion opportunities for a regionally assigned customer base. The CSM's primary responsibilities are net retention and renewals of the assigned region/segment. The CSM will act as a control center to manage to upsell and cross-sell identification, identify and bring customer issues to support, follow and address risk signals among their customer base.
This is a role that has an intentional path of professional career growth by onboarding a well-rounded business professional to grow into a Sr. Customer Success Manager or management role as the company expands its customer base and product portfolio.
Customer Manager Responsibilities:
• Complete OpenGov’s in-depth on-boarding and sales/management training to become an expert in OpenGov’s messaging, products and services, and unique sales approach.
• Quickly develop a thorough knowledge of company products and client verticals, including local, state, federal governments, special districts, non-profits, higher education, and school districts.
• Direct ownership of customers and work with them on usage expansion, support resolution, and renewals.
• Partner with sales leadership on expansion opportunities.
• Proactively identify additional customer stakeholders and connect with them for placement of additional products and increased usage of
• OpenGovWork cross-functionally with our leadership, account executive, sales development, marketing, product, and customer service teams to deliver outstanding results.
• Be able to manage and advocate across a large list of accounts and maintain customer satisfaction by ensuring timely resolution and escalation of customer service issues
• 5+ years of account management or sales experience; ideally within a technology or finance/accounting environment with a complex product or service.
• Proven track record of consistent over-achievement based on set quarterly goals
• Technologically adept and business acumen focused with outstanding communication both written and oral, negotiation, and presentation skills.
• Strong computer skills including G-Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and Salesforce is a plus.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?