Implementation Analyst (GIS Expert - Asset Management Solution)
Dubuque, IA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 9, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Implementation Analyst (GIS Expert - Asset Management Solution) role:
OpenGov seeks to expand its talented Professional Services team with a technically oriented, hands-on Implementation Analyst. The IA is a key member of the team that implements the OpenGov solutions, helping OpenGov customers maximize value from our solutions via a complete, quick, and smooth implementation.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving a successful customer implementation from start to finish, setting the underlying foundation of their OpenGov platform, while promoting maximum value for their investment in OpenGov. As a trusted advisor with deep product knowledge, you’ll understand the customer’s goals, pain points, and workflows. As a result, you'll immerse yourself in both our internal operations and the user experience to be able to impartially advocate for OpenGov and our customers.
Implementation Analyst (GIS Expert - Asset Management Solution) Responsibilities:
• You’ll implement OpenGov’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Facilities Management System (FMS) for our customers. This GIS-based SaaS
offering enables our customers to manage their facilities, campuses, and much more.
• You’ll take ownership of the design, configuration and testing of all data transformation, extraction and migration activities into the OpenGov system.
• You’ll serve as the technical lead for software implementation,
configuration, troubleshooting and training-related tasks.
• You’ll build integrations with third-party systems and manage the design,
documentation, testing and deployment stages.
• You’ll provide support that leaves our users raving about the great
• Be the primary technical point of contact for new customers deploying OpenGov, or those expanding to implement additional functionality.
• Drive and manage new customer implementations from start to finish.
• Confirm customer requirements and needs and provide guidance, assistance, and support to customers in the technical platform configuration.
• Ensure receipt of appropriate datasets from customers, match them to the platform structure, upload them into the system and manipulate them to generate the desired customer views and behaviors.
• Administer training to users.
• Understand customer pain points and partner with cross-functional teams to simplify, enhance and automate existing processes that will improve customer workflow.
• Work closely with the project management, Customer Success Management, and Integration management teams to facilitate and drive a consistent customer experience and ensure successful projects and training for new customers.
• Leverage and continually develop best practices for each data environment and customer vertical to assist in future implementation efficiencies.
• Compliment key product discussions by gathering and communicating customer feedback and feature requests to ensure OpenGov is a “must-have solution.”
• You have a 4-yr. degree in GIS, computer science, or an applicable field OR a 2-yr. degree with at least two years of relevant experience with the ArcGIS Platform and SQL databases.
• You know the ins-and-outs of Esri’s ArcGIS Platform, Microsoft SQL Server databases, Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), and Microsoft Office.
• 2+ years of experience in software implementation consulting or transferrable work.
• You’re a detail-oriented problem solver with the ability to effect change in meaningful, innovative ways.
• You’re an effective communicator with the ability to explain complex
issues clearly and simply.
• You have a strong sense of urgency when it comes to evaluating and
resolving customer issues.
• Knowledge and experience in analyzing and reporting large volumes of data.
• Strong Excel skills, including using functions/ formulas to format data such as v-lookup, pivot tables, error-checking, and developing properly formatted reports.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills, teamwork, and customer service mentality.
• Ability to provide clear and effective phone support, assistance, and recommendations to build positive relationships with customers.
• Track record of working in a fast-paced environment while balancing internal procedures and process improvements, all while collaborating with team members.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to customer needs.
• Passion for solving customer problems and joy from data management
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $140 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective. Click here to read more about our latest round of funding!
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
» Growth: Double growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
» Perks: Fully stocked kitchens, daily breakfast and catered lunches, gym reimbursement, music room, zen room, foosball and pool table, Unlimited PTO and 11 paid holidays, 90% medical premium coverage for employees, fun events, and more! Just look at www.opengov.com/careers
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, our cloud solution leverages cutting-edge technology to innovate on the core processes of Government.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?