Account Executive (Asset Management Solution)
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Account Executive (Asset Management Solution) role:
The Account Executive (Asset Management Solution) will lead all sales efforts within their assigned territory with a focus on small to medium sized governments and our asset management solution. This includes prospect identification, lead generation, sales calls, quarterbacking the sales cycle, proposal and contract negotiation through deal closure. The Account Executive (Asset Management Solution) will work collaboratively to meet sales goals and deliver the highest standard of integrity, quality, and customer service to our customers.
Account Executive (Asset Management Solution) Responsibilities:
• Meet or exceed quota expectations
• Quarterback the customer relationship for the full OpenGov team driving the overall account strategy and marshaling the pre-sales team to grow our new and existing customer accounts
• Establish, handle, and manage relationships between OpenGov and senior leaders of the customer and prospect government
• Generate new leads through networking and prospecting, including cold calling, as well as using marketing and PR activities of the company
• Make sales presentations to customers and prospects at different levels of the organization of leading governments within a prescribed territory
• Focus on Departments that would use Infrastructure and Asset Management solutions, Work Planning, Maintenance and Capital Infrastructure
• Address product use cases, benefits, competitive advantages and business outcomes; facilitate executive and technical follow-up to close sale
• Target account selling (prospecting/lead generation, qualification and scoping, closing strategies, negotiations, etc.)Interface and develop professional relationships with existing customers and prospects throughout all organizational levels.
• Establish referenceable customers to build the OpenGov brand in your territory
• In collaboration with OpenGov' marketing team, develop and execute demand generation campaignsLead contract negotiations
• Partner with Marketing on leads from trade shows and campaigns
• Help set event strategy for where OpenGov should be present
• Sales process management and participate in sales planning status meetings (MEDDIC methodology, QBRs, and more)
• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of OpenGov’s suites and the competitive landscape
• Bachelor's degree required
• 2 to 4 years of quota-carrying sales experience and have previously sold software solutions required (State and Local Government vertical is a bonus but not required)
• Strong work ethic and hunter mentality
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
• Curious and coachable when it comes to new challenges
• Demonstrated a consistent track record of hitting and exceeding quotas
• Proven ability to close complex, consultative deals
• Ability to travel as needed (anywhere from 25% to 50%)
• Passionate about selling technology and what it can do for society
• Ability to learn to speak with senior executives about the direction of their organization, transformational projects and budgets required to get there
• Self-motivated, creative, results driven, solution oriented, direct and convincing when it’s right for the customer
• Competitive, driven to succeed, money-motivated
• Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change
• Crisp written communication and fluency of expression
• Experience with a CRM, ideally SalesForce
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?