United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
We’re looking for a Creative Director with a strong visual design background to join our growing in-house creative team. You’ll partner closely with our Director of IMC, Associate Creative Director-Copywriting, and Senior Brand Managers to bring our brands to life across brand campaigns, digital marketing channels, print & packaging, retail (e-Comm and brick & mortar), and video.
As a creative leader, you inspire and empower teams to do their best work. You’re driven to create visually compelling work, grounded in strategy and insights, and focused on the long-term goal. You can listen with empathy, explain the “whys” behind decisions, challenge the status quo, and represent your viewpoints with conviction.
This role balances the responsibilities of running projects, leading concept development, and rolling up your sleeves to work out the details. Whatever the brief, you seek to build an authentic connection with audiences, through the best expressions of the Curology and Agency brands.
- You are equally passionate about design craft and strategy
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You are a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent and clear communicator, verbally and visually
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, flexible, and thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- You are extremely collaborative and can take and give feedback with a positive and curious attitude
- Drive excellence in design quality, pushing creative concepts and inspiration, to express the Curology and Agency brands across marketing channels and campaigns
- Manage and bring inspiration to a team of designers and writers, from concept to execution across print, digital, and video
- Partner closely with the Marketing and Brand Teams to understand strategy, business goals, timelines, planning, while being a strategic voice for creative
- Translate marketing briefs into creative direction, ensuring final creative delivers on the needs of the business
- Participate in and help facilitate Creative and Marketing design brainstorming, ideation sessions, and concepting
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners through the implementation phase to realize design vision
- 8+ years experience in creative direction in-house or at creative agency
- 8+ years of experience in managing brand, design, and/or creative projects
- 8+ years of experience managing a team of creative designers and writers
- Meticulous sense of detail
- Demonstrates the ability to work confidently and build trusted partnerships with Marketing, Creative, Brand, and Product
- Strong visual portfolio and demonstrated experience of creative: brand & marketing campaigns, performance marketing, packaging, brand visual/verbal systems (identity, lifecycle, graphic systems)
- Ability to understand and discuss business strategy, related to creative design
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Excellent in process improvement and identifying opportunities to create sustainable and scalable solutions across a diverse range of projects and platforms
- A background in skincare / beauty is a plus, however not required
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded #3 for 2021 Best Workplaces in the Bay Area and 2021 Forbes #4 Best Startup Employers, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer eCommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider. We collaborate to achieve our goals and strive to embody our core values: Accountability, Team First & Inclusivity.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities for employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.
Curology participates in E-Verify.