Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
United States · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Join us on the tech team of an extremely fast-growing, technology-driven startup that's making effective skincare accessible to everyone.
Curology is a technology company building the future of skincare through personalized prescription treatment. We believe that dermatology should be accessible to everyone—great skin shouldn't be a luxury, but a fact of life. To make this possible, we're building tech to power an entire in-house medical ecosystem, covering everything from medical care to provider licensing and pharmacy fulfillment operations.
One of the greatest rewards for an engineer is creating something that is useful and helpful to as many people as possible. The Curology Site Reliability Engineering team plays a crucial role in our success by writing software to automate and scale the operations of our engineering organization. As an engineer on the team, you will have the chance to solve interesting challenges while leveraging modern technologies.
Why this role?
Support applications that have a real impact. We're growing, and want to continue to enable that growth. We are improving the provider/patient experience for those who need it. You will create new products and improve existing ones.
Work on interesting projects and develop diverse skills. Our Site Reliability Engineering team is responsible for making sure that our systems are fast, efficient, and always accessible.
Impact business with each feature you build. We've tripled our business in the last year and we aren't slowing down. The projects you build will continue to accelerate that growth. This is an opportunity to have a big impact.
Grow with a team that values empathy. We have a great community of people who care about each other. Empathy is a core value, and we value learning and development. We make sure that people feel heard, supported, and respected.
In this role, you will:
- Architect and lead the high-quality and reliable solutions to address our business problems on a frequent and regular cadence.
- Continuously build domain understanding to help shape and build solutions within your expertise.
- Champions automation to reduce toil and increase development velocity.
- Building positive and collaborative relationships across the company.
- Helps define and instrument Service-Level Objectives to ensure the most excellent customer experience.
- Applies everything-as-code methodologies across configuration, infrastructure, orchestration, and elsewhere.
- Hosts blameless postmortems to share learnings, discover gaps, embrace transparency, and improve reliability across our services.
- Leads projects from inception to completion.
- Participates in an on-call rotation to assist in finding a resolution during incidents.
You will be successful if you have:
- 5+ years of experience building infrastructure solutions in AWS using Infrastructure-as-Code technologies such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- 5+ years of experience working with Docker containers and related orchestration technologies (such as Kubernetes or ECS).
- 5+ years of experience building and deploying CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Python, PHP.
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications, such as well-designed APIs and database schemas.
- Experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams with engineers in product and data groups.
- Deep technical expertise; Writes, debugs, and refactors code while being mindful of tradeoffs, scalability, architecture, and code cleanliness. Demonstrates mastery of their craft to solve problems in automation, infrastructure, and/or developer tooling.
- Reliability & Quality; Experience leveraging observability tooling and practices such as SLOs to help engineering teams own the reliability and quality of the software they build.
- Leadership - Define and deliver well-scoped milestones for a project; beginning to show up as a leader in their area of expertise on key projects. Senior SREs are able to make autonomous decisions relevant to our overall strategy.
You will love working at Curology because:
- Amazing team culture and environment
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings
Physical characteristics of work environment:
- Working hours Monday through Friday 9-5
- Remote Work - Stationary for a prolonged period of time
- Ability to use a computer for all forms of communication
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.