Senior Manager, Brand (Agency)
San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
Since its founding in 2014, Curology has grown to be the market leader in acne treatment. In 2021, the company entered the anti-aging market with the launch of a new sister brand, Agency (https://withagency.com/). In the exploration process, we discovered that the anti-aging customer is materially different from the acne customer in their behaviors and motivations. Given these differences, we determined that our anti-aging business would be best as its own brand outside of Curology, giving the business more runway & relevance. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving, growing brand within the strong, foundational Curology Inc. ecosystem.
Role Description:Most ‘brand’ roles at traditional companies are slow and stagnant. You inherit a great history, but end up focused on protecting past success rather than blazing paths for future growth. And most startup brand leadership roles, well, they don’t exist. The C-suite runs the business, and brand teams operate without a strong connection to business results.
At Agency, we’re changing that. We are looking to hire a strategic, creative, consumer-insight-obsessed Brand Lead with a proven track record of progressive success in building iconic, consumer brands. Reporting to the GM/VP of Agency, you will develop and oversee the Agency brand including vision and strategy and all aspects of brand marketing including: (1) influencer marketing, (2) owned marketing channels (social media), and (3) earned marketing (e.g., PR/partnerships.) This is an incredible opportunity to establish Agency as “the” gold standard in anti-aging.
What You'll Do:
- Lead all aspects of brand building including vision/strategy and integrated brand marketing
- Deepen understanding of Agency’s core consumer. Keep informed on competitive advertising and be able to clearly define and execute Agency’s point of difference.
- Drive the continuous evolution of Agency’s brand architecture, visual ID, and brand voice to inform all aspects of creative and brand expression across all consumer and customer touchpoints (physical products/packaging, advertising, digital experience, provider interactions and customer support.)
- Leverage a full suite of in-house talent from Creative to R&D to Digital Product/Engineering to Medical to inform your strategy and bring your plan to life.
- Partner with the User Acquisition team to ensure conversion targets are hit, leveraging insights to shape communication and maximize performance.
- Develop robust go-to-market and commercialization strategies for all new product launches in partnership with GM/VP Agency and Head of Product Marketing and Development.
- Monitor core brand health and performance KPIs and develop mitigation strategies when the business is off-track.
- Manage, mentor, coach, lead, and develop one direct report to start
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of brand management/marketing experience, working with consumer-facing brands where building brand equity and trial were critical KPIs
- Generalist business training or background where a strong analytical skill set was developed
- Experience at both a traditional CPG and modern D2C brand preferred
This May Describe You:
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who can navigate a complex and fast-moving environment with limited resources and who can think outside-the-box for creative solutions
- Leader and executer - ability to jump between strategy and hands-on execution seamlessly
- Intellectually curious and always looking to understand the ‘why’ behind consumer behavior
- A natural born storyteller - strong communication/interpersonal skills who has experience successfully working cross-functionally to build relationships & influence across teams and levels
- Data-driven and experienced in agile marketing operating approach (constant testing, learning, and iterating); can translate data into focused insights
- Results-oriented with ability to drive quick and efficient decision making with autonomy and can translate brand initiatives to commercial results
- Cultural thought leader that knows how brands can positively contribute to broader societal conversations; clear vision for how Agency can remain culturally relevant over time
Why You'll Love Working Here:
- Amazing team culture and environment
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Subscription to Agency/Curology!
- Company sponsored off sites, happy hours and outings
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded #3 for 2021 Best Workplaces in the Bay Area and 2021 Forbes #4 Best Startup Employers, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer eCommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider. Our core values are: Accountability, Team First, and Inclusivity.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.
See more open positions at Curology
Something looks off?