Supply Chain Manager
Conceivable Life Sciences
The Supply Chain Manager will manage the logistics operations of Conceivable Life Sciences. Working with the Chief Operating Officer, the supply chain manager will help streamline efficiency in procuring necessary consumables (i.e. petri dishes/plates, pipettes, vials), parts and machines for the engineering team in the company’s Guadalajara office. In addition, this role is responsible for securing the paperwork necessary for customs clearance (i.e. Certificates of Origin, Declarations of Conformity, Commercial Invoices), as well as working with customs brokers to obtain clearance for importation of the procured items. In addition, the role will keep a detailed inventory list of parts and machines in the Guadalajara office and maintain a budget of both items ordered and those planned to be ordered.
Our business is one in which building relationships and working with others on the team are critical. The position requires a skilled verbal and written communicator with the confidence and polish to speak with senior executives and colleagues. Conceivable seeks a self-starting, results-oriented, performance-driven individual with excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiasm. Organization and detail-orientation are a must.
*Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line "Supply Chain Manager"
As the Supply Chain Manager of Conceivable Life Sciences you will:
- Plan, manage, and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of the engineering team.
- Monitor and correct inventory levels at for key consumables, parts and machines internally to ensure adequate stock and maximization of working capital.
- Works with freight forwards and transportation companies to set best route and rate (reviews and approves all freight terms and agreements).
- Determine the best practice for freight in and freight consolidation.
- Works to assemble necessary documentation to ensure timely customs review and receipt of imports into Guadalajara.
- Identifies and liaises with customs brokers to gain clearance of imports into Guadalajara.
- Maintains working inventory for all consumables, parts and machines in the Conceivable sphere.
General Manager Skills:
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Detail orientation
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time constrained environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with ability to set priorities, adjust and respond professionally to changing priorities and ad hoc issues
- Self-starter with a desire to “dive in” to solve organizational problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to learn new concepts and tasks quickly, work under pressure, and meet deadlines requirements in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
At Conceivable, we believe in the power of children—and helping millions more people access IVF in order to fulfill their dreams of becoming parents. Every year, approximately 20 million people worldwide are confronted with the fact that they cannot have children without IVF.
However, IVF is accessible to barely 1% of those worldwide who need it. If all intended parents were able to access IVF, 10 million babies would be born annually rather than the present 1 million.
Conceivable is creating automation for the next generation of IVF, designing labs with the most advanced single cell robotics in the world. Conceivable’s labs will provide vastly more safety, efficiency, and scalability—so that everyone who needs IVF can access it.