Alameda, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Astra’s mission is to Improve Life on Earth from Space® by creating a healthier and more connected planet. Today, Astra offers one of the lowest cost-per-launch dedicated orbital launch services of any operational launch provider in the world, and one of the industry’s first flight-proven electric propulsion systems for satellites, Astra Spacecraft Engine™. Astra delivered its first commercial launch to low Earth orbit in 2021, making it the fastest company in history to reach this milestone, just five years after it was founded in 2016. Astra (NASDAQ: ASTR) was the first space launch company to be publicly traded on Nasdaq.
How You'll Fulfill Your Mission
- You'll be working with various internal customers within the company, to help them address inventory problems in Odoo and setup. proper guidelines/processes for users and the system, thereby making it reliable and robust.
- Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Manage the Odoo Job-Queue and resolve customer issues as they come up.
- Manage the Odoo backend customizations, manage proper SDLC for rolling out updates, etc.
- Manage UAT sessions for Odoo users, involve all stakeholders as necessary and maintain documentation of rollouts, release-notes, etc.
- Maintain internal documentation on all things Odoo.
- Work with the Finance team to resolve Job-Queue errors that are affecting Dynamics365.
- Work with leadership to propose better architectural designs to help Odoo become robust and SOC compliant.
Why We Value You
- 3+ years of Python development experience (3.6+)
- 3+ years managing Odoo (v12 onwards)
- Experience with Odoo Manufacturing module, Routings, etc.
- Experience with Odoo ORM API
- Has experience working with various types of API interfaces: REST, GraphQL, SOAP, etc.
- Good knowledge of programming best practices and antipatterns, good Computer Science fundamentals
- Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or associated field
- Experience with event-driven APIs / webhooks and interfacing with systems like Kafka
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Familiar with AWS and it's products
- Bash expert
- Has worked with ArgoCD or similar CD tools
- Has worked with Argo Workflows, Argo Events, Argo Dataflow, etc.
- Exposed to deployment tools like Helm, Kustomize
ITAR Requirements: This position requires compliance with U.S. Government space technology trade restrictions, specifically the International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and additional regulations governing satellite, launch vehicle, missile, and other related technologies. All jobs restricted by these regulations will be contingent upon the applicant’s status as a documented U.S. Person or their ability to receive a trade license from the cognizant government agency; in addition to any required company background checks and in compliance with applicable U.S. and California laws. Similarly, positions requiring the ability to work on government contracts or a security clearance are also contingent upon the applicants ability to receive the appropriate clearance and be allowed to work on U.S. government contracts.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Astra, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
San Francisco Applicants: Astra will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.