Global Supply Manager - Direct Materials
Alameda, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2022
Astra’s mission is to Improve Life on Earth from Space® by creating a healthier and more connected planet. Today, Astra offers one of the lowest cost-per-launch dedicated orbital launch services of any operational launch provider in the world, and one of the industry’s first flight-proven electric propulsion systems for satellites, Astra Spacecraft Engine™. Astra delivered its first commercial launch to low Earth orbit in 2021, making it the fastest company in history to reach this milestone, just five years after it was founded in 2016. Astra (NASDAQ: ASTR) was the first space launch company to be publicly traded on Nasdaq.
How You’ll Fulfill Your Mission
- Lead the direct materials sourcing strategy for critical components.
- Establish key relationships with strategic suppliers, gaining a deep understanding of their growth plans.
- Draft, negotiate, and manage supplier contracts from RFP through contract term, and provide justification of award to executive leadership.
- Perform quantitative analysis, including total cost of ownership assessments, to identify financial impacts of decisions and performance across the categories managed.
- Develop and manage key procurement and supply chain metrics – cost, delivery, quality performance and risk management.
- Influence internal and external capacity expansion decisions that will support our growth trajectory.
- Execute tasks efficiently while emphasizing attention to detail. Maintain flexibility throughout the day in order to align with changing priorities.
- Communicate status of tasks with the team frequently in order to highlight blockers or issues affecting scheduled delivery dates.
- 5+ years of experience in a supply chain role, specifically in the Space, Aerospace, Consumer Electronics, and/or Automotive industries
- Experience negotiating supplier pricing, forecasting, and supply agreements
- Experience developing “should-cost” estimates and analyzing supplier quotes
- BS/MS in Engineering, Business Administration, or other related technical field
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills with a penchant for detail and high level of integrity
- Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Travel will be required on an as-needed basis
- Master's in engineering or supply chain preferred
- Experience working in start-up environments desired
ITAR Requirements: This position requires compliance with U.S. Government space technology trade restrictions, specifically the International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and additional regulations governing satellite, launch vehicle, missile, and other related technologies. All jobs restricted by these regulations will be contingent upon the applicant’s status as a documented U.S. Person or their ability to receive a trade license from the cognizant government agency; in addition to any required company background checks and in compliance with applicable U.S. and California laws. Similarly, positions requiring the ability to work on government contracts or a security clearance are also contingent upon the applicants ability to receive the appropriate clearance and be allowed to work on U.S. government contracts.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Astra, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
San Francisco Applicants: Astra will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.