Business Process Improvement Lead
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
This role will represent the BPI team in cross-functional efforts embodying strong leadership and management qualities. This includes motivating teams to think with a continuous improvement and customer-led mindset and being an intermediary between the process improvement team and key stakeholders. Strong collaboration will be essential to deliver impactful process design and measurable improvements aligned to key Community Support objectives.
As a Business Process Improvement (BPI) Lead you will be the BPI consultant or BPI lead for priority Community Support (CS) Roadmap programs, where you will be part of the project working group and take on responsibilities for process analysis and design, pilot design and execution and control plan development.
You will work cross-functionally with Service Improvement Managers, Regional Operations Managers, or stakeholders in Claims, Insurance, Trust or Compliance functions leading Continuous Improvement pilots and projects that will focus on the analysis and improvement of Service for specific CS business processes, in order to increase operational efficiency, process quality, and result in outstanding customer experience.
You will work cross-functionally with other Shared Services functions, Policy, and Support Product to lead the process impact assessment and subsequent process design for high priority changes as part of the Change Management process.
You will partner with CS Analytics to design and implement process measurement systems, analyze process data and utilize this information to drive decision making, successful improvement projects to completion, and propose Continuous Improvement projects. You will create queries and utilize data analytics tools to support process improvement efforts.
You will be responsible for the delivery of successful improvement projects with measurable positive impact and also transition these solutions to operations for sustained results.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in industries that place a high importance on compliance, risk management, regulatory adherence, safety, and trust. The candidate should have experience developing and implementing processes to ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Leads and supports cross-functional project teams to implement operational changes.
- Implements process improvement projects using Lean Six Sigma methodology and deploys solutions, globally.
- Builds relationships with cross-functional CS and broader business stakeholders
- Supports the development of metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Collects data and insights from operations to identify the root cause of problems.
- Apply structured problem-solving methodologies and use data to analyze potential solutions.
- Measures performance against process requirements.
- Surveys, identifies and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes.
- Drives data and insight-based decision making.
- Leads initiatives to implement best practices in operations
- Performs cost and benefit analyses and constructs business cases for process improvement opportunities.
- Presents opportunities for approval to senior leadership.
- Communicates progress to stakeholders.
- Diagrams and evaluates existing processes.
- 10+ years of post-graduate experience in operations
- Advanced knowledge of customer service and contact center operations
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certified or equivalent experience
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Proven track-record of developing and delivering operational improvements with positive impact to business metrics
- Experienced in project management and leading cross-functional teams to successfully achieve business goals
- Solid foundation in data analytics, including statistical analysis, data collection and preparation, visualization and reporting, root cause analysis, process monitoring and control, continuous improvement, and problem solving.
- Proficient in SQL skills, Excel and analytics
- Some travel may be required
Something looks off?