Analytics and Insights, Senior Analyst
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Difference You will Make:
The Community Support (CS) Analytics and Insights, Senior Analyst will support the business in delivering high-quality strategic and tactical analysis and reports for CS operations.
A focused, hard-working and meticulous analyst, you will develop functional expertise in data analysis as well as in-depth and expert industry insight and knowledge providing the key insights and findings to improve how we serve our customers. You will support the management with analyses of productivity, satisfaction, operations and SLA’s across both internal and external service teams. The Senior Analyst will be working closely with counterparts in Finance and Data Analytics both locally and internationally to help inform Global Community Support data needs and models.
A Typical Day:
- Analyzes complex business problems using data from internal and external sources
- Provides actionable insight to decision-makers to influence strategy and performance
- Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to attribute key business drivers
- Analyzes and defines metrics that tie back to business performance and initiatives
- Will be a proponent of test/learn culture by enabling and supporting experimentation
- Generates forecasts, recommendations, and strategic/tactical plans to drive actions
- Creates specifications and generates reports and analysis mapping to business needs
- May provide consultation and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues
- Directly produces datasets and reports for analysis using databases and reporting tools
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study
- 4+ years top tier analyst or consulting experience in business intelligence or analytics
- Experience with customer service or customer operations analytics a huge plus
- Hands-on experience with one or more language(s) used for querying (e.g. SQL, SAS, Python)
- Experience with Big Data/Analytics platforms/languages like Hive, Python, R a big plus
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, charts, functions, vba modeling
- Experience with Tableau or similar BI platform to develop reports and dashboards
- Ability to tailor insights to present clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with delivering analytics recommendations to senior leadership and executive level audiences
- Hands-on to get things done fast and ability to work without continual guidance
- Enquiring mind with the ability to recognise inefficiencies and challenge the status quo
- Attention to detail combined with creative thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior reporting and editing skills
This position is based in Ireland.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.