Market Manager, UK
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
As a Market Manager, you will be responsible for managing assigned professional host accounts and supply acquisition of high quality inventory in London. You will build Airbnb’s strong market presence in your assigned region in collaborating with other teams as the local in-market expert. As someone who knows the Airbnb mission and values inside out, you will drive all phases of supply acquisition and market success, including acquisition strategy development, generating and converting supply leads, and strategic partners relationship management. You will help develop and iterate scalable localized supply management strategy for both developed and highly competed market destinations as well as nascent and relatively untapped new markets ultimately ensuring our long-term market success.
- Directly manage accounts to meet and exceed quarterly/annual sales goals
- Create and deploy scaled strategies to effectively manage & optimize both the largest hosts in your assigned region as well as the long-tail of hundreds of Professional Hosts in your region with the goal of
- Helping Hosts improve their listing/offering to match demand, growing their business results
- Improving Host sentiment by supporting hosts and addressing their issues at scale
- Educating our host community on Product, Policies and Trends
- Develop the supply strategy for your assigned market - identify and execute on new ways to grow the number of professional hosts on Airbnb
- Analyze data and utilize data-driven recommendations to identify and action on strategic opportunities in your region to drive increase in sales
- Prospect and onboard new, high quality supply in your assigned geography
- Represent Airbnb in external meetings with Professional Hosts and at industry conferences in your market
- Educate clients on all significant product changes and cascade feedback on product and policy to the relevant internal stakeholders
- Hold regular optimization calls and business reviews with your partners
- Develop strong and long lasting partnerships
- Develop deep knowledge of your assigned geographic markets and become the go-to source for all information relating to local trends and market dynamics for internal and external partners
- Respond to and deliver exceptional service to your professional hosts in a timely and efficient manner, occasionally traveling to your market to provide in-person support and guidance
- Work cross-functionally with product, communications, public policy and customer support teams to ensure our long-term market success.
- 6+ years of experience in new sales, account management and partner management
- Solid track record of successfully managing and executing large-scale, complex, high volume B2C email campaigns and cross-functional projects
- Proactive self starter, with an ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels
- Proven track record of being able to effectively work a leads pipeline and/or a book of business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with clients via phone, email, and in-person
- Proficient quantitative skills and proven ability to interpret and apply data throughout your day-to-day work
- Available to travel to assigned markets
- Passion for Airbnb, travel, and the sharing economy - being an Airbnb host is a plus
- Proven experience working cross-functionally
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives;
- Highly proficient in using CRM software, specifically in working with leads, opportunities and other core objects - Salesforce, MixMax experience is a plus
Something looks off?