Senior Counsel, Corporate Legal
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
The Corporate Legal team is comprised of a talented group of legal professionals who partner with our business in the areas of payments, M&A, finance, corporate and commercial transactions, corporate governance, capital markets, and related matters. We also work closely with Tony West, our Chief Legal Officer, with respect to matters involving the board of directors and corporate governance more broadly. About The RoleWe are currently searching for a Senior Counsel, Corporate Legal, with substantial and broad expertise in securities law and SEC compliance to join the Uber Legal Team. This individual will provide legal support on all securities, governance, capital markets, and other corporate matters. What You'll Do
- Advise on securities law and SEC compliance and public company reporting activities, including current and periodic reports, proxy statements, registration statements, and Section 16 and insider trading compliance.
- Draft and review public disclosures and corporate communications, including earnings releases,press releases, and earnings transcripts.
- Partner closely with Uber’s capital markets team and other legal and cross-functional teams to complete and manage capital markets transactions.
- Support the Corporate Secretary team on corporate governance matters, including preparing and reviewing Board of Director and committee meeting materials and minutes.
- Provide legal support on a broad range of other corporate matters and collaborate with cross-functional partners, including ESG, subsidiary entity management, treasury, financial reporting, and internal audit.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of legal experience in corporate legal.
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
- Experience advising public companies on 10-K, 10-Q, proxy statements, and other disclosure matters.
- Experience working with public companies in the technology sector.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in an exciting, fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done.
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly collaborative with both business leaders and cross-functional partners, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.
- Self-motivation with a strong affinity for vision setting, strategic problem solving, and driving action.
- Excellent business judgment and great communication skills.
- Embody the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and accountability.
- Enthusiastic about Uber and the opportunity to have a big impact!