Staff Android Engineer - Rider
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 8, 2023
About The RoleStaff Engineers at Uber are expected to have a deep impact on a wide variety of technology decisions, spanning many projects across an entire org, and in many cases multiple orgs. We are looking for a technologist who brings experience in multiple domains to bear on building mobile applications at scale, and who ideally has in-depth knowledge of many mobile technologies, platforms, tools, frameworks and best practices About The TeamAs a Mobile Staff Engineer on the Rider Experience team, you’ll provide technical leadership to all mobile engineers on the team and influence product strategy of our key customer flows within the Uber app, that directly impacts millions of lives each day.This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned engineer and strong collaborator who can work with talented people in product, design, data science, operations, and engineering to help build our next-generation consumer experience products. It’s a very high impact role where you will interface with all major product & platform teams at Uber. The role requires strong communication, leadership and technical chops. You enjoy building solutions and guiding others equally passionately. What You Will Do
- Provide technical leadership to a passionate, experienced, and diverse engineering team
- Work with the team and partners to define the technical vision of the Rider Experience team and influence the broader architecture of Uber's Rider organization.
- See the big picture and identify inefficiencies and opportunities for meaningful improvements across Rider Experience team and Rider org as a whole.
- Drive alignment between teams on architecture and responsibility delineation between platforms and product services.
- Set the standard for engineering across your org to produce best in class of code, effective documentation, testing, and monitoring.
- 8+ years experience in successfully designing and building large engineering projects, including launching more than one generation of a Mobile application to millions of users.
- Experience with Android or iOS application development (Java, Kotlin, Swift, ObjectiveC).
- Familiarity with modern mobile frameworks (Rx, IoC/DI, analytics, A/B testing, etc) and tools (e.g. build systems like Bazel)
- Strong product focus and acumen.
- Experience creating and leading technical architecture for a large consumer focused app.
- Proven ability to develop other engineers into strong senior engineers, operating and leading their own initiatives with team wide scope and high impact.
- Experience designing and building server-side APIs and components that interface with mobile applications.