Customer Experience Lead, Payments Support
Posted on Friday, September 8, 2023
About EMEA Community OperationsCommunity Operations (CommOps) is groundbreaking how Uber interacts with users around the globe. We support all Uber business lines and propositions (Mobility verticals like Rides, Hailables; Delivery verticals like Eats and Grocery, and specific propositions like Uber for Business) and cover a broad range of activities including customer service, platform safety, new partner onboarding, sales, compliance and account management.In EMEA, we lead these activities in 30+ countries and in 20+ languages, in large scale and highly nuanced market environments and operational complexity. We are extremely proud of being the most geographically diversified team in Uber, and welcome you to be part of our strong, diversified and inclusive team! About The RoleAt Uber, providing world-class customer support is a core feature of our product experience.In the Payment Support Community operations (CommOps) team, we build trust with customers and enable business growth for Uber, by delivering a compliant platform and the best-in-class safety and risk support in EMEA.We’re seeking a program manager for our Payments team to drive continuous improvement of operations and customer experience. You will have the chance to work on multiple projects and topics in the Payments Support and Payment Compliance domain (across mobility and delivery businesses), including, support new payment methods launches and be an advocate of the user experience while improving the scalability of our payment support operations and processes.You'll partner with a variety of functional stakeholders and combine analytical rigor and thought leadership to drive improvements in operations and product/tool feature roll out, etc. You are thorough in all you do, and see every process and product roll-out in a user-friendly, efficient, and compliant way What You'll Do
- Centralize and own payments support processes design, optimisation and operationalization; establish sustainable program management structure and work towards excellent delivery results
- Execution for a wide range of projects, ranging from product/tool rollout, policy/process update, to support channel strategy revamp
- Drive improvements in cost / quality while maintaining a steadfast focus on customer experience
- Proactively develop new metrics to identify trends, generate data and insights to make valuable contributions to the entire team
- Proactively develop effective governance to tackle complex cross functional challenges
- Maintain a proactive approach toward identifying and mitigating risks
- Establish expertise, credibility, and a reputation for reliability with cross functional stakeholders; Build influence with them to close gaps in existing processes and policies frameworks and develop scalable solutions to prevent issues moving forward
- Depending on the business and organisation evolvement, you may focus on one of the programs in Payment Compliance and Payments Support or flex across programs
- 5+ years of deep, hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: large scale payment support or payment compliance operations, analytics, project management in highly dynamic and complex organization.
- Ability to bring to life complex processes and operations to life in a sound and structured way.
- The ability to work with ambiguity and lead innovative solutions and optimisations while building consensus across a large set of stakeholders.
- Understanding of payment support/technology or Payment Compliance (Know your customer)
- A structured problem solver with phenomenal analytical skills, who can see around corners, predict possible roadblocks and adapt quickly to changes in policy, process and business priorities with demonstrated project management experience
- A very strong communicator who can use data and insights to tell compelling stories about our riders and partners in order to drive the initiatives that will help redefine Community Operations across EMEA
- Above all else, a problem-solver and collaborator who is exceptionally passionate about improving the support experience of the Uber community
- Comfortable working in a geographically distributed and cross-functional, multinational environment