Counsel, Delivery Insurance Litigation
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
About The RoleInsurance for delivery drivers is a critical part of our business, and we are constantly innovating in this area. The Uber Legal Team is currently searching for a Safety & Insurance Litigation - Counsel, with expertise in the insurance defense industry and experience managing robust insurance defense litigation. This position is open in the Chicago office. What You'll Do
- Manage a portfolio of claims and litigation in the United States, with a focus on delivery-related litigation.
- Analyze claims/cases to effectively participate in decisions related to resolution strategy and innovating legal precedent.
- Assist in the management of outside counsel.
- Draft and review various court documents such as pleadings, discovery, and motions.
- Work across our business and legal teams on risk management initiatives.
- Collaborate with team members for operational efficiency and process revision.
- A minimum of 5 years of insurance company or law firm experience involving litigating auto liability claims/cases OR Minimum of 4+ years and +1 year Uber internal
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state
- In-house experience is strongly preferred, with the know-how to manage a case through pleadings, motion practice, discovery, dispute resolution, and trial (both state and federal).
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in an exciting, fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done.
- Solid case evaluation abilities, critical thinking skills, and the capacity to oversee a large portfolio of matters.
- Extensive deposition experience, including presenting both lay and expert witnesses.
- Excellent business judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Embody the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and accountability.
- Enthusiasm about Uber!