CAO Development Program - Accounting and Accounting Operations
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently. About The RoleJoin our Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) Team Development Program (DP), as part of the Uber Finance team, geared toward graduates who are interested in pursuing a career in accounting and are looking to gain hands-on experience in various areas of accounting.In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on various projects, streamline processes, and become a subject matter expert in accounting areas such as InterCompany, Revenue, and Accounting Operations.The CAO DP Program will kick-start your career at Uber by learning first-hand from business partners while being exposed to the scale of a global technology company. You will work in a team-based environment and receive guidance and support from experienced professionals.This two-year rotational program is based out of our San Francisco, California, or Dallas, Texas, office, and upon completion, CAO DPs will have the opportunity to apply for a non-rotational role within Uber.So if you're ready to go deep, work on an exciting set of challenges and seek exposure to the breadth of businesses, functions, and skills - we would love to hear from you! What You'll Do
- Participate in a series of rotations in various accounting functions, including InterCompany, Revenue and Accounting Operations.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements, general ledger entries, and other accounting functions.
- Analyze financial data to identify trends and provide insights to management.
- Support key projects, including business acquisitions, integrations, divestitures, and systems implementations.
- Participate in preparing accounting requirements for Finance Engineering teams.
- Improve existing processes and controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls.
- Develop a strong understanding of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Contribute to team projects and initiatives.
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision-making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities.
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners including finance, engineering, and internal audit on a variety of projects
- Contribute towards our vision and road-maps for outstanding team functions.
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skills.
- Bachelors in Accounting/Finance, or currently enrolled in a bachelor's program with anticipated graduation in Winter 2023, or Spring/Summer 2024.
- A minimum of one internship program or part-time work experience in a related field.
- CPA or studying for.
- International accounting expertise: Understanding of fundamental accounting concepts, tax principles, and reporting requirements in an international environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills: Ability to analyze complex financial data, identify trends, and propose solutions.
- Business partnering skills: Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and effectively communicating financial information to partners.
- Process improvement mentality: Ability to recommend and implement process improvements to drive efficiency and accuracy in intercompany accounting processes.
- Independent worker: Demonstrated capability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- System implementation experience: Familiarity with system implementations or upgrades related to accounting functions.
- Proficiency in financial software: Knowledge of accounting software systems, such as Oracle R12, SAP, and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), is considered a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills: Proficiency in MS Excel, including the ability to use advanced functions for financial analysis.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, growth mindset, ability to take ownership and implement.
- Thrive in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Leadership positions in extracurricular groups or activities.