Sr. Payments Compliance & Regulatory Specialist - Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
We are looking for an experienced compliance professional to act as a trusted advisor to the business. The successful candidate will be a responsible leader, with a track record of acting with integrity, to join Uber’s compliance team and support our Mexico-based payments operation.We are looking for a person keen to help us build a scalable, compliant operation, providing payment services to customers across Mexico. The Compliance Manager, Payments will work closely with the business to establish and oversee Uber’s Mexico payments operation, including implementing effective risk management, Anti-Money Laundering and other critical policies.This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join an exciting company engaged in ground breaking technology making a real difference in cities across the world, while also establishing compliance as a reliable engine for balanced growth!This position will be a meaningful role in Uber’s compliance team, and report directly to the Deputy Chief Compliance for Uber in Mexico. What You’ll Do
- Finding the right balance of managing robust systems and controls, with enabling business goals.
- Lead in the design, supervision and provision of an effective training and awareness programme for Financial Crime, Integrity and Business Ethics.
- Responsibility for Money Laundering policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to applicable laws and acting as MLRO for regulated products and services.
- Ensuring that Customer Due Diligence is conducted according to industry standard process.
- Keep abreast of legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments that might affect Uber’s Payments operation.
- Management and execution of the compliance monitoring program; producing reports and making recommendations; and identifying compliance risks associated with the business activities. Follow up on resolution of compliance issues that may arise.
- Motivate and lead others to put framework design into practice, handle user problems and syndicate compliance across the organization.
- Liaise in BAU activities like Attention to the Authorities and prompt response to the regulatory letters.
- Crafting the workflow and drafting meaningful documents like BRD and PRD, including the documentation of internal and external manuals/policies.
- Helping build the compline and other tangent procedures and processes.
- Building and implementing critical metrics and Quality Control matrix.
- +5 years of experience leading a compliance function in a regulated payments entity in Mexico.
- Familiarity with the Financial Technology Institutions Law, relevant financial regulations, and other relevant prudential requirements.
- Experience leading a compliance function, motivating team members, syndicating and championing the importance of compliance as an enabler of sustainable business growth.
- A passion for developing innovative compliance solutions and being a pragmatic partner to internal stakeholders across the organization.
- Commitment to acting with integrity, with high personal work standards.
- Fully bilingual: Spanish and English.
- Past work in the Fintech or startup ecosystem building scaled compliance infrastructure.
- Experience with financial regulatory bodies.
- Certifications like CNBV and ACAMS