Counsel, Ads & Alcohol/CPG
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
About The RoleThe Ads & Delivery Marketing Legal team partners with the rapidly growing Ads business and the Delivery businesses at Uber to advise on Advertising, Digital Media, Consumer Protection, and Marketing & Advertising Law issues.We are looking for an exceptional lawyer who has expertise in advising on complex advertising campaigns, initiatives, and activations across multiple media, promotions, and offers, and negotiating partnership and sponsorship agreements. You'll work closely with teams globally throughout Uber, including Legal, Marketing, Policy, Comms, Product, and Engineering to play a critical part in our business, constantly innovate and promote the brand and communicate to consumers, merchants, couriers, and the public at large about products, and services.If you’re passionate about Advertising and Marketing initiatives, creating industry-first frameworks, and transforming the way that people go where they want and get what they need, come and join this bold team! What You'll Do
- Provide ongoing legal support for Uber’s various marketing and advertising activities across our Alcohol and Ads lines of business for Uber and Drizly. You’ll focus your advice on Ads & Offers, Promotional Campaigns, and CPG ad-buying agreements (IAB-based terms and conditions, upfront agreements, etc.).
- Be the point person for alcohol promotions law for the Uber & Drizly marketing teams and for the Uber & Drizly advertising platforms.
- Collaborate with both business partners and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others who may think differently than you do.
- Work with Senior Counsel to update and maintain marketing playbooks and guidelines based on applicable laws, rules, and regulatory guidance.
- Collaborate on and draft internal training on relevant issues.
- Work with senior stakeholders to implement changes in internal processes.
- A minimum of (4) four years of marketing & advertising legal experience
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
- Experience reviewing and advising on consumer protection, marketing legal issues & advertising campaigns across mediums.
- Experience with promotion, and sponsorship agreements.
- Excellent business judgment, ability to build credibility, great communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done.
- Embody the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and accountability.
- A Go Get It Attitude and enthusiasm about Uber!