Senior Revenue Accountant
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently. About The RoleIn this challenging role, you will have the opportunity to work on a number of projects, streamline close processes, work cross-functionally with other teams, and provide solutions to issues identified. You will work in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. What You'll Do
- Be responsible for the balance sheet and income statement of a group of legal entities, including prepare and review journal entries, account reconciliations, month-end-close activities and financial statements.
- Analyze monthly financial results and key performance indicators of various reporting metrics through variances analysis and discrepancies investigation across Lines of Business, Segments, and Regions.
- Supervise Global Business Service (“GBS”, third party service provider) team, provide training, perform detailed review to ensure work quality; and continue improving GBS team’s operational processes.
- Partner closely with cross functional business partners to ensure proper accounting for business activities.
- Lead process improvement and automation initiatives. Create efficient end to end processes.
- Own and complete internal controls activities and maintain internal control documentation. Continue enhancing existing processes and internal controls.
- Support external audit activities and ongoing internal audits.
- Support management in completing special ad hoc projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Public accounting assurance/audit experience at a Senior level, and/or Sr. Accountant within high-volume Corporate environment
- Experience with accounting systems (SAP, Oracle preferred)
- CPA preferred
- High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with a good business judgment
- Great teammate, self-starter, with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Experience in supervising and reviewing work of others, including outsourced service providers
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and public company audit requirements
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?