Senior Manager, IT Financial Risk Management - Payments/FinTech
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
About The TeamThe Financial Risk Management (FRM) team is responsible for the management and monitoring of financial and technology risk across Uber. Our charter is to partner with business and tech teams to proactively manage risk and maintain an effective and efficient internal control environment. We are responsible for the oversight of internal controls over financial reporting and work with our business partners to identify risk, and advise on the right control solution.In addition to managing Uber's SOX program, we support and assist other second line of defense programs with controls assurance to meet regulatory requirements. Our team is made up of a mix of business process and technology professionals who are passionate about end-to-end processes and internal controls advisory! About The RoleAs an IT FRM Senior Manager, you will lead a team focused on coordinating and building a world class IT risk management program for Uber’s Commerce, Payments and Financial Engineering platforms in response to existing and emerging risks. The role will partner and build relationships with Product, Engineering, and Data teams to rationalize and automate internal controls supporting Uber’s Commerce, Payments and Finance platforms! The successful applicant will have the ability to problem solve within a constantly evolving technology environment, demonstrate their ability to understand and influence key risk decisions across critical payments and revenue accounting processes and controls strategy. What You’ll Do
- Lead the discovery of emerging revenue accounting automation / new product launches and understand risk profiles to ensure an appropriate control environment is established
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships across Engineering, Product, Operations teams and Finance/Accounting partners to drive effective risk management. This role will have exposure to senior leadership across Commerce, Payments, Accounting, FinTech, and Financial Engineering
- Responsible for managing staff, including hiring, goal setting, planning and delegation of work, training and development and coaching
- Build effective working relationships through active listening and efficient verbal and written communication
- Expertise in bridging gaps between IT automated and business controls.
- Implement new processes and controls in response to the changes to the business environment, such as new product introduction, internal process changes or reorganization
- Expertise in cross-functional team collaboration and exercise effective communication with partners (external and internal) in state of ambiguity or conflict
- Minimum 8+ years of SOX, internal controls or risk management experience within Internet/Technology, Consulting, and/or related industries
- Experience designing and implementing automated business controls within custom / homegrown applications
- Ability to deeply analyze complex systems to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks related to payments.
- Advanced relationship building to gain trust through action, becoming a knowledge leader in Uber’s payments/revenue platforms, and finding opportunities to deliver value to senior stakeholders
- Ability to break down complexity - deeply understand the problem, simplify, and be able to explain the “why” to various audiences including influencing senior leadership
- Experience with SOX readiness assessments and control implementation
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience with emerging technology risk and Agile/ DevOps environments within a microservices ecosystem and emerging technologies (Apache Kafka, Hadoop)
- Experience with writing SQL and interpreting programming languages.
- Ability to thrive in environments of uncertainty, bring critical thinking and a data driven approach to navigate our ambiguous and changing environment
- Experience managing, monitoring and remediating deficient financial controls
- Process management experience, including process redesign and optimization
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?