Lead Product Manager, Driver Earnings
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
About The TeamEvery day millions of people around the world choose Uber to earn a living. Earnings is both the #1 reason drivers and delivery people choose the platform and also the #1 reason they leave. The Driver Earnings team is responsible for shaping these decisions and building trust with drivers in a marketplace based on increasingly sophisticated pricing and matching algorithms and a rapidly growing number of products and services.The team strives to reach this goal by helping Drivers and Couriers:
- Learn about Uber’s marketplace dynamics and all the opportunities available to them;
- Understand and audit their earnings outcomes;
- Figure out how they’re doing and how they can do better; and
- Celebrate their accomplishments and earnings milestones.
- Define a product vision for the team and identify near- and long-term initiatives to build your product roadmap spanning across all trip categories
- Translate user needs and business priorities into clear product requirements by distilling user problems, writing hypotheses, and describing desired outcomes.
- Represent the global experience by understanding the differences between different regions and partner with local teams to make those solutions a part of your roadmap.
- Build and foster a strong team culture with a focus on execution and results.
- Clearly communicate product plans, tech investments, benefits, and results to a spectrum of audiences, ranging from internal partner teams to our users.
- Minimum 4 years of product experience.
- Customer Empathy. You put yourself in the shoes of drivers and are passionate about building the best user experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical concepts across cross-functional teams and to simplify key takeaways for executives.
- Strong analytical skills. You are very comfortable making decisions and telling stories with data.
- Strong pattern recognition and systems thinking. You will be driving major tech investments and own key app surfaces. Thinking about how solutions can extend across multiple use cases will be critical.
- You are an independent self-starter biased toward action, a great collaborator, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- A track record of highly successful, creative consumer-facing products.
- Experience balancing customer empathy with business goals and technical limitations.
- Experience working across multiple teams and managing partners.
- Experience with data visualization, pricing, accounting, or financial products.
- Experience interviewing and mentoring others.
- Curiosity and ability to dive deep when necessary to unblock teams. You don’t shy away from hard problems or complexity.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn. You never give up and set a high bar across the board, from your own contribution to the people you work with.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?